• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Molex Connector

steelandcanvas

I have a 6 pin "Molex Connector" and need to swap places with 2 of the pins. What kind of tool do you use to do this, and where would I purchase one. I could cut and splice, but I would rather do it the clean way. It's not on anything military, but I thought some of you electronic/commo Gurus would know what to do. It's actually on a rollerball in an Atari Centipedes game. PM me if you need a photo of the connector. TIA.

Jones

Look down into the Molex connector and you should see some little tabs sticking out if the sides of the pin or socket that engage the connector body. These you have to retract-- A small dia. piece of hobby shop brass tubing works just fine. It should just slip over the pin or socket. The trick is to push the wire with pin forward as you slide the tubing into position; this takes the stress off of the little locking tabs and allows the tubing to compress them in order to pull backwards out of the plastic connector body. When you're ready to reassemble, just make sure the tabs are protruding a little so that they engage when inserted.
Hope this helps--

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks