• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always had a question about the M113 - were any of the -113 series made out of steel hulls? Reason I ask is that a couple years back I saw a flatbed truck heading north on I-81 with a -113 track on it, and it was covered in RUST. No paint, just rust, like it had a steel hull, the paint had been stripped off, and left outside for a while. I know the majority of them were aluminum, but I can't remember if any, even the early ones, were steel hulled.

Esteban

maddawg308 said:
I've always had a question about the M113 - were any of the -113 series made out of steel hulls? Reason I ask is that a couple years back I saw a flatbed truck heading north on I-81 with a -113 track on it, and it was covered in RUST. No paint, just rust, like it had a steel hull, the paint had been stripped off, and left outside for a while. I know the majority of them were aluminum, but I can't remember if any, even the early ones, were steel hulled.
I have never heard of one with a steel hull, but it could have been a " movie prop " as suggested , or a prototype, etc.