• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with SF97 in MD

rfischba1

I took my title pasgage to the MD DMV today and was rejected.
I had teh Bill of sale, SF97 from FL/GL transfering vechile to me, and the orginial Gov. title in GL's name.
The MD DMV told me GL needs to issue a title that shows the vecheile they are selling is in their name, then send a real title to me before they will accept it.
any one requested a title from GL with the vechile in GL's name?
Any help Please,
Thanks,
Randy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You should have also had a sheet called something like "Re-assignment of title". Did you and did they see it?

Michael

The last package I got from GL had a letter explaining GL's role in this that wasn't in the package I got before. If possible I would try a different clerk or try to speak to a supervisor. GL is selling thousands of trucks like this, but it looks funny to a clerk that hasn't seen it before.

Of course, the government doesn't have a title to transfer to GL. It is the application for title (Form 97) that is being transfered from GL to you. You will be the first one to get a title.

I am assuming this paperwork didn't go through Florida. If it did, you will have to talk with someone from there. They have managed to do things differently.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy,
The MD DMV should accept the paperwork. They just accepted two sets of this exact paperwork on two trucks I purchased within the last several months. Go to another DMV...their rules differ. Hopefully, you won't get a junior G-man who wants to thwart the next 9/11. By the way, just as NEWMVGUY said, they alter what they send by your state. They will go the full 10 yards to get you the appropriate title paperwork, but only after many, many, many people have complained from a particular state. That is the ONLY reason that they even give us in MD a dealer reassignment form. For years, they claimed to be unable to provide this info.

M725

Let"s see. I buy a trailer,I pay $60 for a SF 97,I get a SF97 stating it was transfer to GL, Who purchase it for $2.47 nice!, and got a Title reassigment supplement.
Now I buy the same type of trailer from the GSA, I get a SF97, 2 days after paying for the trailer, oh there is NO charge for the SF 97 and the weird thing it was in my name. What am I to do? In my name how am I going to get a title? LOL

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had problems with my last batch of paperwork, but they did take it. That doesn't mean anything, though. It depends on the clerk and how happy they are... Did you go to Glen Burnie? That's where I had to speak with a big boss "manager" to get them to process it, but it was proven that day that GL had a dealers license in FL.

FormerNewMVGuy

TURKEY131 said:
Here in NJ they (GL)send me actual Florida title's, Because NJ DMV wont accept the SF-97
Hey General did you have to request a FL title? Or is that what GL just send everybody?

No here in NJ they just send you the florida title. You can just go to DMV with no worries, and transfer the title, they will give you a receipt for the title, so you can register your vehicle, and you get your actual Nj title in the mail about 60 days later( Florida titles have to go through trenton) which take about 60 days

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks