• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes lights...did I miss something

wsucougarx

Today I went and inspected 4 deuces. I went to check the brake lights and nothing. Now this happened on 4 trucks. I will tell you that all the running lights work, turn signals all work, headlights all work, just no brake lights. We were not allowed to turn the engines on, just able to turn a switch that sounded that buzzer sound. Does the truck need to be on for the brake lights to work? Does the military light switch have a special setting to allow for brake lights? Help

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they had the air op brake light switch, you would have gotten nothing. If it still had the hydraulic switch, it would have taken a pretty heavy foot to actuate them without air in the system. I'd not be too worried.

Jones

Kenny's right about the switches needing air to make them work.
Sounds like you already had the 3-lever switch in the brake light or serv. drive position in order to do your tests.
And yes to the last part of your question; Lift the unlock lever on the three-lever switch and turn the top lever one click to the right. That gives you brake lights only-- or two clicks and you have serv. drive and brake lights.

Amxhunter

Re: RE: No brakes lights...did I miss something

Jones said:
Kenny's right about the switches needing air to make them work.
Sounds like you already had the 3-lever switch in the brake light or serv. drive position in order to do your tests.
And yes to the last part of your question; Lift the unlock lever on the three-lever switch and turn the top lever one click to the right. That gives you brake lights only-- or two clicks and you have serv. drive and brake lights.

Lift the unlock lever on the three-lever switch and turn the top lever one click to the right.

I did. The unlock lever broke off :( snapped right off at the head , smooth as a babys butt.

Any way to fix it ?

Amxhunter

Re: RE: Re: RE: No brakes lights...did I miss something

Offroadfabworks said:
I got some spare switchs over here. if you want to just replace it.
May need to.

Got to get over there and see you one day, What's normal working hours ? and your address ?

Your Website ever going to get fixed :)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: No brakes lights...did I miss something

Yes it does. If our webguy is browsing the forum He needs to take in account that the SS members are getting cranky rofl rofl

Come on over when ever. Normal working hours. Who has them lol. we are here pretty much around 24-7 it seems. be here all holiday weekend working on someones dead paperweight wrecker :lol: Feel free to give a call if you need to and check and see if someones here but we usually are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks