• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S280 parts needed.

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,I just bought a S280(well,made the down payment).I am going to need stuff for it.Like the tie down kit which is in another thread and waiting to hear back from someone on here that might have parts of one.But I will also need either a door or a new combination lock setup since the previous owner locked himself out of his own shelter and had to torch the whole thing out.Not sure if that part can be replaced yet or if the damage is far enough around to mess up the door.Does anyone have an entire door or the lock mechanism with KNOWN combination?

papercu

needed

Westech Did you ever hear of " One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure" nothing wrong in wanting anything "as issued" and wouldn't call anyone silly for asking. Wayne

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The cables are the easy part. Attaching them properly to the bed is where the right parts are good to have. There's this big metal forging (or maybe casting?) on each side for attaching the cables. I don't have a spare set, but here's a picture for reference.

If you find a pair of the forgings and their matching eye bolts, then you should be able to fabricate the rest of the tie-down kit. Actually, the eye bolts might be fairly standard parts (not available from the local hardware store, but still obtainable), and the forgings could be fabricated... but it might be a lot easier to find a pair of the right ones than to make a pair of them.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
working trucks and showing trucks are different.I like to take mine to rallies and shows so I want it to look like it was borrowed from the local Motorpool.With a few minor upgrades but I guess even a nasty Guard unit could swap the stock horn with a set of trucker horns and install a set of pyrometers in the cab....after all,mine had red Valour dual spring ride seats straight outta DRMO/GL.....The cables really don't bother me all that much.I can have them fabbed up and get turn buckles.Pretty standard stuff.But like above,the anchor is a one off thing for the government.

FreightTrain

Banned
I knew where there was some but I didn't steal......ummmm,aquire them fast enough cause the owner saw them on the truck he brought back from South Mississippi a while back......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks