• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

e-bay 6.2 diesel

85-m1028

I need a fresh 6.2 and can't afford alot of down time so instead of rebuilding it "I'm not even sure if its a good core because of all the smoke out the crankcase" with turbo and timing gears and poss. low compression pistons, or I can blow the budget on a hmmwv take out and some timing gears and whatever else I need, "radiator hose, oil lines,etc." my question is are these engines worth it? if go this route what should I do to get it ready for the long haul?? heres the one I'm looking at anyone know if this guys reputable? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=7986539723&rd=1

dilvoy

The injector pumps on the HMMWV's are 24 volt. That is the fuel shut off and cold start advance solenoids are. I don't know if the civi 12 volt ones can be dropped in place of the 24 volt stuff. The wiring termianls exit in different areas and there may be a difference in the moving parts just below the solenoids. You could buy and install a civi injector pump, which is what the CUCV's have anyway. In regard to weather those engines are worth it, well........ It's a crap shoot.

Michael

Ted has a good rep on the MV list. I haven't bought anything from him though. He may have a few more, he has alredy sold several of these.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks