• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manila Rope Filter For WMO

SasquatchSanta

Filtering WMO via manila rope was briefly mentioned in another SS post. Because it sounded like a fascinating concept I decided to give it a try. So far my results have been zero.

I placed a container of used oil on my work bench and another container on the floor. I placed one end of a new 7/8" diameter manila rope in the top container and let the rope dangle into the container on the floor. I waited for 24 hours --- nothing happened.

I then decided to thoroughly soak the rope in used oil to give it a little prime. After 24 hours tho only oil that had dripped from the rope and into the floor container was excess oil from it being submerged/soaked in oil.

I've Googled around in an attempt to find information on this process. No luck. Anybody got any bright ideas?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, one of those old timers posted doing something like that to filter oil.

(Nothing against old timers as I am over the half-century mark myself.)

I had thought about trying it out so you did save me some time.

steve

SasquatchSanta

Thanks for the link jodka.

After waiting another night for the rope drip to speed up I'm giving up.

This system may be OK for cleaning up a few quarts of oil a year but not for the volume needed to burn waste oil in a deuce. It's just simply too slow.

Back to the drawing board.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slow? No kidding. Weeks to clean up a few quarts of oil.

Better off buying a large tank and put it up high and let it drain thru filters into holding tanks for use.

steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks