• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walk away parts?

chicklin

What's the official word on walk-away parts? I have read a few posts recently about stuff missing from guys' trucks when they go to pick them up. I am going to be supremely pissed if I show up and, say, my cargo cover is gone.

Anybody had any problems with this? Do we have any recourse?

chicklin

Re: parts

papercu said:
You may want to try retail, surplus is a gamble at best. Wayne
Little late for that. I knew there would be risks as far as the running condition of the truck, but stuff missing that was in the picture is a little different.

papercu

Part

Reading their "conditions" will tell a lot. written by a lawyer, I imagine. Wayne

The information and descriptions found in the advertising materials for specific sales are deemed reliable but are not guaranteed. We neither assume responsibility nor make any warranty regarding the sale's contents.

Information provided by us is not guaranteed....

**Note: Winning bid prices will not be adjusted after award due to an error in bidding or any other discrepancy regarding description, estimated weight, count, measure or other factors that may influence the final bid price of a lot.

And you do have recourse BUT,

You agree that any dispute between the parties must be resolved under Arizona law and in a court located in Maricopa County, Arizona. You expressly agree to the jurisdiction of those courts to resolve any dispute, and not to contest that jurisdiction or venue. You also agree to service of process by certified or registered mail. In the event of litigation, we are entitled to our costs and attorneys fees.

We will not recognize claims related to property condition, minor count discrepancies or your failure to inspect the merchandise prior to bidding or removal.

I UNDERSTAND THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN A GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION OR DOD SURPLUS SALES EVENT THAT I AM BOUND AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE .

poppop

RE: Part

My friend bought three 817 dumps in Miss. Inspected them before the sale. Lost one soft cab cover and the fuel hand primer from one before pickup. He complained on pick-up and they allowed him to remove one top from another truck but not in as good condition. That truck probably belonged to some-one also, so now one more missing top.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Part

AHHH, parts that grow legs. That is one of the items mentioned by Dave at Barstow. He is trying to stop it as his facility, one of the reasons he wont just let anyone preview without supervision.

LanceRobson

The only time I ever had a problem I was pointed to some trucks that were still DRMO's and told to get what I needed. This was by the DRMO guy with the local GL rep standing beside him. It worked out well.

Lance

papercu

parts

This was by the DRMO guy with the local GL rep standing beside him. It worked out well.
Except for the fact that those trucks didn't belong to them either. :(
BTY I wouldn't have told that on a open forum and in thread that G/L could read. Federal crimes are serious. Wayne

HeadWizard

chicklin said:
I am going to be supremely pissed if I show up and, say, my cargo cover is gone.
If you get pissed now and the parts are there when you go to get it, you'll be happy right ?

I had a compressor and an alternator go missing recently - so it's not just the loose parts anymore. I went yesterday and "secured" all the loose stuff on 2 trucks I recently won even though EUC's not done yet - some of it inside the GL offices of the very nice site manager.

It's very tough to police the very large areas the trucks are stored in at many sites. Take into account multiple pickups at one time, limited personnel and maybe shippers or customers with sticky fingers. How long does it take to "borrow" a set of shackles and pins?

It sucks and is unfortunately a cost of buying the trucks for under retail prices.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
papercu, You are right. If you read the fine print in the "terms and conditions" GL isn't liable for anything! Alot of times they will work with you if it's a major screw up but they don't have to. Even if you wanted to take it to court how many people are going to hire a lawyer and go all the way to AZ to fight it?

Somemedic

RE: Re: RE: Part

Shelby had an m109 listed yesterday as 35. Or at least the pics were a 109. Id say thats a hell of a screw up. I can understand it may happen but the narrative for the 35 said it ran and started... Would be intrested to see how that would get resolved

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why even have a claim process if they deny all of the claims? I have had two claims with GL...both denied. They actually agreed that I was correct. Then, they said they had no way to determine the actual value of the parts that were taken so I was SOL. SOL might be an exact quote...just kidding. Here is exactly what was said:

------------
Thank you for your email. Government Liquidation has no way to accurately asses the cost of the missing items or to determine exactly what is missing. Please keep in mind that GL does not generally inspect items that are purchased from the Government and we list them per the information provided by the Government. Furthermore, this property was listed in HX condition, therefore all the parts were used and in unknown condition. All Condition Code definitions may be viewed on the Lot Details page or by visiting the DRMS website at https://www.drms.dla.mil/rtd03/conditioncodes.htm. The Federal Condition Code HX indicates the following:

H - Unserviceable - Condemned - Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; includes condemned items which are radioactivity contaminated, Type I self life material that has passed the expiration date, and Type II shelf life material that has passed the expiration date and cannot be extended.

NOTE: Classify obsolete and excess material to its proper condition before consigning to the DRMO. DO NOT classify material in supply condition H unless it is truly unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria. "

X - Salvage - Property which has some value in excess of its basic material content, but repair or rehabilitation is impractical and/or uneconomical. "

Please note that GL is not stating that you're making a false claim, but merely that we cannot determine the cost of the missing used parts. Please also note that you still have the option of receiving a full refund. As stated before, please reply to this email and let us know which option you choose by Friday, August 8th, 2008.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sincerely,

Monika A. Zalewska
Claims Administrator
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N. Kierland Blvd 3rd Fl
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
------------

These are not isolated incidents. Another SteelSoldiers member told me how the cargo cover was stolen off of his trailer. I wonder how much other stuff has been taken without our knowing it. By the way, Monika was actually decent to deal with even though she denied my claim.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have said that they actually agreed I was correct on the second claim. I was wrong to have removed the property before submitting the claim the first time.

Michael

I was told on my last truck that had obviously been moved and damaged, that I could refuse to take it and get out of the sale. The right turn light was bent back and the right mirror arm was bent. Of course, I would not have gotten the cost of the fuel to drive my other duce the 200 miles one way to go get it which at $4.60 a gallon was not insignificant.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we may have figured out why so many trucks get relisted. People go to retrieve them only to find that they are not in the same shape as they were in the pictures or when they were inspected.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks