• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ringing source found HOOORRAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

85-m1028

well I am glad to say I finaly located the source of my mysterios jingle jingle :banghead: There is a round metal plate directly behind the rear pinion yoke "at the 14 bolt axle" that has worked itself loose and is rattling between the rear of the yoke and the pinion bolt flange, is there a seal or something that goes behind it to keep it from rattling????

mangus580

Does it not have its bolts in it anymore?? Are you talking the Plate that should be bolted on, holding hte pinion bearings and seal in place?

85-m1028

no it goes in between the yoke and the pinion bearing retainer, it is about the same circumference as the bearing retainer, it looks like a protective plate for the bearing retainer.

mangus580

ok, I know what you are talking about now. I think it was crimped to the yoke originally. You might be able to use a punch and a hammer to re-crimp it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks