• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rausch Creek Rally

MAXM37

I want to go to this rally in October, but due to the big Hershey Swap Meet, I won't be able to get there until Sunday late morning. Are there still many of you there then and is it worth driving there for the last day.
Thanks!

No.2Diesel

Welcome to the site!

Probably not. Last year we were packed and departed by about 10-11AM on Sunday. This year though I plan actually wheeling on Sunday instead of just leaving and fighting the crazy Sunday afternoon traffic.

It would be best to attend on Fri. or Sat. Sorry about the conflict.

MAXM37

Here is one pic of my truck. Just got it a few weeks ago. I plan on going to Gilbert in Sept to pick up a few items I want. In particular a new muffler, manual, and possibly a few interior things. Anyone else planning on attending the Gilbert meet?

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

Nice M37 you have there. Where in S.E. pa are you? I'm in Wagontown near Coatesville.
I want to go to the Gilbert show, but i am going to Line Mt Race track that weekend.

allrevup

This sound like something I would like to participate in. How well would a m1008 with 6" spring lift on 36" Humvee tires & wheels, front and rear lockers do at this facility? I looked at their website, their trails course, seems more suited for smalller 4x4. Please, more info?

Last edited:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Boy, I wish I could go. Though I can't, a friend of mine IS going, and is bringing his Studebaker Weasel to the event. This machine though a top quality original vehicle, demonstrates just how versatile and agile these things were/are. 'cause Rick drives it like it was built to be driven, not like some trailer queen. Lots of fun....and if Rick is true to character, will be giving rides to all that want one.

He may be accompanied by a mutual friend of ours, Dave Welch, whio is the MVPA president. Dave is a swell guy, and always eager to listen to well-reasoned discussion on club matters by current, former, and potential new members. But, if you want to rant, that is probably a waste of both your and Dave's time. He'll be there like everyone else - to have a good time - and will work for the good of the hobby.....even if that means listening to complaints. However, some folks are like my ex wife - who instead of saying things to me like "I can't get the car window up", would instead scream "Its raining outside and all you do is sit around and talk to your buddies about army trucks and do nothing to help me".

Don't be an ex-wife - be someone with real questions who wants real answers.

Look these guys up and say hi.

Regards,
David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks