• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of Gun Trucks at Pigeo Forge Aug 08

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding Sir!!!
That appears to be a most excellent slideshow and videos as well.
Thanks for sharing...thats a wonderful group of fellers ya got there

ouchman

Hey Ug! it was great to finally meet you and everyone else who made it to the GATHERING at PF! Thanks for posting the link here and on U TUBE for the "world" to see.

Wrench

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Finally got the correct platform to build the new Proud American Guntruck thanks to AMG on this site...M54 rather than the 813.
She is taking shape much sooned than I dared to even hope...then again we are NOT patient kinds of folks...;-)

Here's a few pics of the progress...er...as usual, your's truly forgot to take "before pics"!!

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Lookin good PB...................I wish it were me turning that mack into a GT. I thought for sure it was going to but my return to vermont killed that. Glad you got it and still her destiny to preserve history.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man look at that super fine work those GA boys do. that group doesnt stay put on a project. well be seeing more of that trucks at the rallys im sure. good luck on the rebuitd of that Proud Ameriacan. Tim n Pam :-D :-D :-D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorry Jeff...but when you've (which you have) met fellers like Calvin, Sammy, the LT, RED and the others...ya just gotta show some of their spirit while they are here. AMG gave us the chance and we took it.
Heck...there must be another M54 MACK somewhere in this great nation??
She will be at PF this year and we will be Proud of the PROUD!!!:razz:

Driver523

The truck is looking real good Larry---I can't wait to see everyone and the trucks again---you and the gang are doing ole #316, the guntruckers, and transportation history a huge favor in keeping the memory alive----good going gang, and a huge THANK YOU------Driver

vtdeucedriver

Sorry Jeff...but when you've (which you have) met fellers like Calvin, Sammy, the LT, RED and the others...ya just gotta show some of their spirit while they are here. AMG gave us the chance and we took it.
Heck...there must be another M54 MACK somewhere in this great nation??
She will be at PF this year and we will be Proud of the PROUD!!!:razz:

Dont be sorry pb, If I had not moved in sept, you never would have gotten that truck. brandon and I had discussed that truck back in aug. You just dragged your feet playing with those silly 800 series and now you have finally seen the light!!!:-D Dont worry about me, I got a M54A2 waiting for me next month and I have had that for 6 yrs now.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well Larry..(dang...feels like I'm talking to myself!!)!!!

As you know I was a Light Infantry soldier...not in Vietnam but late in the war era. When I was walking mile after mile and couldnt feel me feet anymore and a deuce or 5ton passed...I would shout some non complimentary words as they passed.

Then I met Ugly, then Sammy, Calvin, Red, you and the others and saw what it took to keep those trucks rolling and the spirit and bravery of those who watched over the convoys -Guntruckers - while those truckers got much needed supplies to the front at great personal risk.

Yes...we will keep the Guntruckers and Transportation history alive...or do our small part.

But as far as thanks go....that's to you and the guys for what you've already done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks