• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WARNING: if you are a buyer in Maryland

M725

The Md MVA will not accept SF97's unless your name is printed Transferee box! Aiso I have a letter from the Md DMV stating:

" Please be advised that Government Liquidation dose not have re-assignment rights. They must title in their name before selling the vehicles"

It is from the Assistant Branch Manager Glen Burnie Branch Md MVA.

If any one from Maryland needs a copy Email me.

rfischba1

I had the same problems when I went to the Glen Burnie office, they would not accept the Transfer title from GL, I went to the Beltsville Branch and they looked at the papers from GL and issued a title and temp tags with no problems, stay away from the MD office of the DMV in Glen Burnie, They were ass ho--s.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M725: The MD DMV office you went to is patently wrong! At least two different DMV offices that I've been to have accepted this paperwork. The FL dealer reassignment form is an official dealer reassignment form issued by the State of Florida. I've never checked, but I was told that they are indeed listed as a dealer in that state. I just converted two sets of this paperwork into titles two weeks ago. I strongly caution you against being a pain in the a$$ when you go to Beltsville lest you screw it up for the rest of us. Just go in like it is no big deal.

M725

Pain in the a.. yea right. I drive 30 miles to the MVA Main office fill out the paper work Go to the title counter, she looks at it and said wait a minute. She goes to a superviser and comes back. I am told to go to window 21. Which I do and there is a lady looking thru a book she tells me to wait ok. When she is done said what I1st posted. Ok I go home 30 miles back. I wait 2hrs for GL to open. I call and tell them what happen. The ans I got is that never happen before that they know about and to send the paper work back and they will send me FL Titles Great.
But than what the heck thinking I'm the first one it happen to(yea right) I drive 30miles back and talk to the assit. manager. I tell her about the phone call to GL. she ask me to wait and comes back in 30mins. Stating the same thing and gives me a letter to that effect.And they have put memos out about them in the past and I'm not the 1st.
Nobody is trying to screw anybody. Well GL is to us if you want to go that route. They need to send a FL title to us in MD like they do in NJ and other states. They are trying to save money doing it the way they are going about it.Great than they need to call md and fix it. I don't need to drive around the state of Md until I find an MVA office with a clueless worker to push the paper work thru.

With all that said, GL person was very helpful and nice. They are sending me the titles. The letter is to alert them to the problem.

papercu

title

They are trying to save money doing it the way
But isn't that why you buy surplus, to save money? If it's good thing for you why isn't it a good thing for them. Maybe you would be happer with retail. Wayne :)

M725

Re: title

papercu said:
They are trying to save money doing it the way
But isn't that why you buy surplus, to save money? If it's good thing for you why isn't it a good thing for them. Maybe you would be happer with retail. Wayne :)
Hey I didn't say they should make any money that's not what I meant. How would you feel if I sold you a truck charge you $60 for a title that is in the last owner's name with me as the buyer and your state won't except it so you pay another $10 to mail it back to me. after taking off work to go to your DMV and use $30 fuel. At the end of the day you still in same spot. You have no title and don't know how long before you are going to get one.
Good way to do buiness. Don't forget they are a business. I never had any these problems with the DRMO in the old days, or the GSA and saved money.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: title

M725: I think you misunderstood me. I was the one who told Randy that Beltsville took the paperwork. I am only saying...and I am not sure how to make this more clear without saying it the way I have...go in like you know what you are doing. Understand that others use this route to get their titles. If you go in there and raise hell, the next time I go in there, I'm not getting my title. If someone goes in there and raises a stink, the rst of us are sunk. I have at least 10 trucks and trailers for which I need titles. Does that matter to you? No, I don't expect it to...that is my deal, I need to worry about it. I am only saying, please, tread lightly. They have to take this paperwork...others have preceded you. Just think about the rest of us while you are there. After all, had it not been for me, you would not know about Beltsville (yeah, I am the one who clued Randy in).

papercu

title

How would you feel if I sold you a truck charge you $60 for a title
Well Myself being from a state that doesn't require titles for something that old would be angry at the state for that foolish rule.
Why not work on getting the law changed?
Everytime G/L has to do something extra like that they just pass the cost on to everybody. Wayne

M725

Re: RE: Re: title

BKubu said:
M725: I think you misunderstood me. I was the one who told Randy that Beltsville took the paperwork. I am only saying...and I am not sure how to make this more clear without saying it the way I have...go in like you know what you are doing. Understand that others use this route to get their titles. If you go in there and raise heck, the next time I go in there, I'm not getting my title. If someone goes in there and raises a stink, the rst of us are sunk. I have at least 10 trucks and trailers for which I need titles. Does that matter to you? No, I don't expect it to...that is my deal, I need to worry about it. I am only saying, please, tread lightly. They have to take this paperwork...others have preceded you. Just think about the rest of us while you are there. After all, had it not been for me, you would not know about Beltsville (yeah, I am the one who clued Randy in).
A little late, but here is the rest of the story.
GL called back, and said FL does not issue titles for that light of a trailer. Md is a title state. GL than said they DO have reassigment rights here. I send they a copy of that letter from MVA stating other wise. After a week GL called back. She said she talked to that manger(Glen Burnie) and was told she always accepted thier paper and GL is on record as to having reassignment rights In MD, and never wrote the letter :shock: . Anyway I was send a letter to use in case the manger forgot again.
I returned and breezed right thru no problems . So the problem was fixed. No need to talk to or show letter to anyone.

"If someone goes in there and raises a stink, the rst are stunk" " Does that matter to you? No, I don't expect it to...that is my deal" IT matters to me, and IT matters to GL. If they don't Know it"s broken they CAN NOT fix it! BKubu

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M725, you would not have even known where to go if it had not been for me. How did you know where to go? Because of Randy. How did he know where to tell you to go? Because I told him. No need to thank me...but sure as hell, no need to sit here and call me out. There are more people on this list and in this hobby that know the kind of guy I am. I try to help people, but I tell it like it is. I have a vested interest in making sure that this DMV takes future Gl paperwork. If you could not take the hint to be gentle in your dealings with the DMV, so be it.

halftrack

"If someone goes in there and raises a stink, the rst are stunk" " Does that matter to you? No, I don't expect it to...that is my deal" IT matters to me, and IT matters to GL. If they don't Know it"s broken they CAN NOT fix it! BKubu

Is your beef with BKubu or the titling policies GL and MD? You probably could of have gotten your title done the first time if you didn't go in there with a crappy attituide. Are they wrong, probably. Does it mean you need to slam people here for gettting broke systems to work for them when they use the under the radar method. No it doesn't. We are all happy you got your title and showed them they were wrong and you were right. Just don't have to have and sour attituide to other members here about it, espacially when they were the ones that led you in the right direction.

M725

Is your beef with BKubu or the titling policies GL and MD? You probably could of have gotten your title done the first time if you didn't go in there with a crappy attituide. Are they wrong, probably. Does it mean you need to slam people here for gettting broke systems to work for them when they use the under the radar method. No it doesn't. We are all happy you got your title and showed them they were wrong and you were right. Just don't have to have and sour attituide to other members here about it, espacially when they were the ones that led you in the right direction.
Halftrack let's get the story right: I did not go anywhere or talk to anyone with a crappy attituide ( at the Glen Burnie MVA or at GL which was very helpful.). When doing business having a crappy attituide will get you no where. I aways deal with Glen Burnie MVA. I never been to beltsville MVA BKubu. I was the one that got the problem fixed halftrack, if you read the tread you would have seen that.
Let's see, I was the one that got the crappy attituide here and slamed by BKubu. I guess I should have never said anything here or have call GL and let them know about the problem, and left it broken. Why have even have this forum here :?:.

halftrack

Thanks for setting me straight M725. I am sure everyone in MD appreciates your hard dedicated work and contributions you have made in your quest for a title. The MV collector's world owes a debt of gratitude to you M725.

M725

Thanks for setting me straight M725. I am sure everyone in MD appreciates your hard dedicated work and contributions you have made in your quest for a title. The MV collector's world owes a debt of gratitude to you M725.
Why thank you O Great and mighty one.
Don't worry it's the last time I will bring to the attention any problems or try to fix them.
I found out this forum is not about that. It's so sad.

M725

And for BKubu I don't know you, and have not judged you in anyway. You where the one to first to attack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks