• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck reconnection switch

gflatt01

New guy to your site, I thank you for any assistance. 1981 MEP003 form Cumberland,Pa.
about tow months ago, just now getting in to it. The engine runs good 40# oil pressure at running temp. but the gen. section is still questionable. The reconnection switch is in the three phase position ( all the way to the left) and wont move up. It will move down but just a small amount, say 5-7 degrees and springs back, feels free and normal in that 5-7 degree
range but won't budge out or the three phase position.Is this a common condition? is their
a known fix? Metering L1-L2&L3 all show 119 volts on mulit meter, 15 amp. receptacle meters
119 volts. This unit looks to have come from Okinawa Japan.

any help is appreciated Gflatt

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How hard did you try to move it. It is spring loaded, if I remember (haven't moved mine in a while), so it takes some good pressure to switch it. It'll "snap" into the next position.

gflatt01

Reconnection switch working: light lubrication at the front end (closest to the nob) but just inside box, remove the nob and turn with adjustable wrench work it through it's positions a few times and now will snap in to all three positions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks