• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Take a 1044 on vacation...

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
hi Guys,
Thought I would share with you how I enjoy my HMMWV 1 week out of the year in Corolla Beach NC. I used to take my M38A1 this is the first time for the HMMWV..
The last 2 pics are of us in a 4th July Parade. Also last pic is my friend Shawn in his HMMWV he imported from Sudi Araba..yes i cant spell!
ps. They make a great beach buggie! I never got stuck!

Kevin..

Attachments

moleary

I would love to see some interior shots of your HMMWV - particularly the placement and installation of electronics and the A/C system. Any chance of getting some detailed pics?

Thanks!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very nice even has the red dot A/C unit on the back just for your edifcation the troops prefered that one over the factory installed version in the UAH because they could direct the cold air where they wanted it and the stock unit barely kept up with removing the latent heat from the floor pan and all the raidos and jammers on board.

I have ridden many thousands of miles in them as the Company Commander and above and the first thing I would do was to put a foam cushion on the seat and usually after a few miles my legs would hang outside to cool off.

Great pictures and thanks for posting them and supporting the troops.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for all the information guys!..
I will try and get some interior shots up soon. I will also correct the flag placement. The red dot A/C will be finished in the fall. I got the A/C compressor and now I have everything to install it. I will be modifying the placement of the receiver inside the cab. Im glade I got the perfered one. I perfer the open cab, but may place armor inside to seperate the crew from the cargo. Not sure yet..Anyway I also have a trailer with 2-1000 lb bobms I tow around with it. For the shock and AWE...effect..I will post them soon too. Going to a veterns fund raising event this saturday. And will have some more pics. Also will be at RED BAll in Gelbert. PA.
Seeya THERE@!
Kevin...

Bart

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPERB Pictures of an EXCELLENT restored slantback..... :!:
I know you don't want to sell but....IF...what would be your selling price Kevin??
greets
bart

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck. You did a great job on it. I'd put something on the bombs to indicate that they are not live. Otherwise, you are asking for more attention from our friends in LE like the last time you went to the store with the .50 cal mounted. Right or wrong...why look for a fight. That's my $.02...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck. You did a great job on it. I'd put something on the bombs to indicate that they are not live. Otherwise, you are asking for more attention from our friends in LE like the last time you went to the store with the .50 cal mounted. Right or wrong...why look for a fight. That's my $.02...

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
Sorry I took so long to respond. I dont think I will ever sell her..If I did I would not take less than 80K..
I Will put some labels on the trailer to tell people to "DANGER! Stay away"! Live ordance! at least 100 feet. Hehehe././
Yes I will put duds, etc.. on them. I will have some more pics of the interior soon. Also of the A/c,..
Kevin..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks