• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler lines for M1009

NJCOP35

Does anyone know what the part numbers or where to get replacemnet oil cooler lines (inlet / outlet) lines? Got a small leak at the crimp and want to replace the lines. NAPA or any other place is fine.

CCATLETT1984

They SUCK, best advise is to ditch the factory rubber lines (will get you a few years at best before leaking again) and switch to a hose barb fitting in the block and just cut the gm fitting off of the crossover tubes and either have a new fitting tig'd on or use a compression to hose barb fitting and run quality rubber hose inside of an insulated tube like:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&part=THE-14010&N=700+400356+115&autoview=sku

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got some through Rock Auto a while back. About $60 for the pair (plus shipping). Their shipping is pretty reasonable, but I was ordering some other stuff anyway, so the shipping was not a factor for me. I'm sure any of the local parts stores can get them for about the same. Mine haven't leaked, yet...

Wolf.Dose

To whom it may concern, the original oil cooler lines are made by Michelin and not commercially available. The only possibility for original ones is surplus or connections to the Army. The best is, as mentioned above, to fit civilian fittings to the block and get some lines made at your local hydraulic shop. The fitting at the lines passing behind the radiator have to be cut of and replaced by new fittings. The fittings at the radiator to my knowledge are also civilian fittings. If you start from there, also new aluminium lines have to be made.
It is difficult but possible in Germany due to the US-fittings. But in the States it should be a little easyer.
Good luck!
Wolf

CCATLETT1984

Wolf.Dose said:
To whom it may concern, the original oil cooler lines are made by Michelin and not commercially available. The only possibility for original ones is surplus or connections to the Army. The best is, as mentioned above, to fit civilian fittings to the block and get some lines made at your local hydraulic shop. The fitting at the lines passing behind the radiator have to be cut of and replaced by new fittings. The fittings at the radiator to my knowledge are also civilian fittings. If you start from there, also new aluminium lines have to be made.
It is difficult but possible in Germany due to the US-fittings. But in the States it should be a little easyer.
Good luck!
Wolf
State-side its very easy to get the lines, you just go to your local chevy dealer and they order them ;)

You should be able to find them online.

Wolf.Dose

Hallo CCATLETT1984,
the local Chevy dealer in Germany sells DAEWOO cars which are now sold under the brand of Chevrolet. Even the Opel Dealers which sold Chevrolet or GM cars and trucks before or still nowadays, have no access to the mil parts (There is one in Mannheim to cover the US commuinity). There are some part importers for US vehicles to cover the so called grey market which also have big problems to get mil parts, mainly only with connections to the US Army.
So I did know this (a very good friend of mine is a US car parts importer) after 16 years driving a CD10516 Blazer M1009, needing a set of new ones, got only used ones, for the conversion of my M715 to the 6.2 l DD engine, I replaced the fittings in the block to standard parts which are available. The other side of the fittings is Ermetro in ISO-EN-DIN Standard and relatively cheep. The oil couler I installed behind the front bumper is something of the shelf and can be repaired, if necessary, in any radiator shop in Germany.
For me this solution works great. If some damage, I just go to the any European hydraulic shop and buy replacements. And it does not matter wheather it is 10, 15 or 25 years old. It is industry standard and not depending on the parts delivery frame of a car maker.
This way for you may be a little strange, but here we have basically no other choise.
Wolf

dependable

looked up these 6.2 oil cooler lines last weekend; Dorman brand ; upper rb625154 lower ; rb625155. about $50 each. saw this at Auto Parts Warehouse, on line. Was going to try compression to burr fitting as suggested, but no one local had 1/2 id oil proof hose. Still may shorten and bypass leaking crimps with old hose, it is not under high pressure. but at some point hose will be rotten. Mabey I should buy a coil of 1/2 in oil hose, I've got enough of these things.

Monkeyboyarmy

I have had good luck cutting the outer crimp off of the tubing where thr rubber line connects and using a heavy duty oil line with standard clamps.This was for a work truck and something I wouldn't do for a collector truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks