• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse Box Warning!!!

mangus580

Be very careful plugging things into the fusebox on the CUCV. I was changing my flasher today as everytime I put a trailer on, they blinked really fast. So while I was doing that.... I knocked the memory wire out for my stereo. I wasnt paying attention, and plugged it into what appears to be a 'voltmeter' port. Driving down the road afterwards, I started smelling something like hot electrical. :banghead: I glanced down at the radio and noticed it was alot brighter than normal.... It seems that the 'voltmeter' port in the fuse box is 24v!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Luckily, the radio seems to work fine still.... I just need to figure out where I had that wire stuffed before now.

Warren Lovell

Thanks what my problem was!!!

I plugged my cig lighter lead into the v-mtr slot (also now known as the 24V volt meter slot)

Man , that lighter xjust popped right out...It still fuctioned, but blew the 10 amp fuse.

Where to plug that wire now....

Warren

dilvoy

You may be able to pop off the fuse panel assy from the body and find an empty terminal. The flat bars on one side are fused and the other side is not and there is not just one bar to choose from. one may be straight from the battery and the other may only power up with the key turmed to acc or while it is in the rum position. I know how the old mopars were and the CUCV's should be somewhat similar. You could tap off of this and make your own terminal for adding things just beside the fuse box. There is a negative terminal block on the left side just above the kick panel and behind the dash. It is perfect for attaching grounds in a neat way.

mangus580

I know htere is a terminal there, just couldnt find it on the side of the road. Also I have noticed, the CUCV doesnt have the ACC position like most GM's.

tsmall07

Holy old topic!

I just learned this when installing my electric fuel pump. Hope I didn't hurt it... :roll: Figured I'd bump so the newer guys (like me) could benefit.

Are all the other fuses in the box 12v? What would be a good one to tap into if I want my pump to turn off with the key? Right now I just have it on a switch.

allrevup

24v. source

That was the same 24v. fuse box terminal that I attached my first OEM am/fm radio on to, after I disconect it to replase the speakers. First the radio began to work intermitentlly then it fried a wire inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks