• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SO UGLY BUT I WANT IT!

Elwenil

Ok, I'll bite. What's it do? Climb stairs? I for the life of me can't quite understand what they are trying to do with that design. I'm sure it's something I haven't thought of and that's why it seems so weird to me.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I see what you mean! It looks like they designed the truck, and then realized they forgot the engine and hung one on the front. Or maybe it's the illegitimate son of a light truck and a soapbox racer? rofl

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Oooh, I know. I just noticed the second pair of smaller wheels hiding underneath the truck. The engine compartment cowl plus those two smaller axles are part of the escape pod, in case the truck breaks down! Does anybody else see that? :)

But seriously, it does look like two differently-sized vehicles went into the transporter pod together and came out the other side merged together, like in The Fly.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Wow, I've been looking at the other pictures on the web page you linked to. That is the oddest-looking vehicle I've ever seen. I'm totally cereal. I'd better stop looking... the last time I was this fascinated with an odd, ugly MV, I ended up buying a Gama Goat! :shock:

EZFEED

Re: RE: SO UGLY BUT I WANT IT!

nf6x said:
I see what you mean! It looks like they designed the truck, and then realized they forgot the engine and hung one on the front. Or maybe it's the illegitimate son of a light truck and a soapbox racer? rofl
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

EZFEED

RE: Re: RE: SO UGLY BUT I WANT IT!

Open the page up again and click "walkarounds" and check out the other vehicles they have albums on, lotsa really good detailed pics in all of those galleries! :)

ssgtwright-usmc

What the heck is that one vehicle, it looks like a 1935 Dodge truck cab, a T39 Tank lower half with the tracks and a AA Machine gun attached behind the cab.
Looks like something thought up in the 60's along with Alice in Wonderland and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Im betting Alice and Lucy both designed it and were the drivers of it!!!!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would have sworn my 84 Suburban 4X4 had wheels like that on front when a guy in a Taurus ran a stop sign right in front of me. Teh burb wound up with the wheels on the hood of the taurus and because it had a Frankenguard grill guard I was able to drive it off and drive it home. Not so lucky was the taurus.

davidkroberts

im thinking that the wheels on the front are to counteract the fact the front axle is so far back.... kinda like the rollers on a half-track. ugliest MV ive ever seen. i cant understand why it was designed like that. i think the engineer was hitting the bottle a bit too heavy that time.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the data plates that I read, it appears to be French, but the right hand drive would usually mean British. There were several other countries that had right hand drive. Sweden was one, if I remember correctly, but I don't recall the others.

saddamsnightmare

September 19th, 2008.

Remember...... The French Army was inspired by their hero, Jerry Lewis!!!! Say LAdy!!!! You want another pair of wheels on that? The Russian tank truck was inspired, I wonder from the radiator and hood if their engineers used one engine and transmission for each track?
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

NB: :twisted: That French abomination makes the dutch trucks look absolutely lovely and inspired!!! rofl

NNB: There seems to be a set of high center wheels identical to the front ones under the frame.... NOW you get to buy 4 wheels in one size, and 4 wheels in another size..... What's not to love with this truck...? :shock:

Tibby

Perhaps this is the vehicular equivalent of emperor penguins. The new chick basically sits on top of the parent's feet and moves with the parent.

Perhaps it it a case of a larger truck loving a smaller truck a little too much . . .

Perhaps the larger truck was really hungry but just couldn't swallow the smaller one whole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks