• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burn baby Burn!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soon to be available on GL as "M998, HMMWV, 17,892 miles, some parts missing or damaged, ran when last parked; located on large burned, foamy spot next to Bldg. A411. No SF97 provided".

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Quick, grab the tail pipe!! LOL.

Wait til you see an M60 or Abrams burn because of folks not cleaning out the engine compartment and the sludge collects.

jwaller

hahaha. it will still have mutilation required on it I bet.

thankfully it was an old A1 and not the super expensive A2 with armor.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know what I would put on the EUC. "INTENDED USE: putting a cardboard standup of Smokey the Bear in front of it with a text bubble that says, 'Remember, only Jarheads can prevent forest fires.' ".

TACTICAL6

burnt hummer in kuwait

This pic was from Desert Storm , Blackhorse base DOHA. A HEMIT tanker pulled into the tank park and caught fire. It touched off a chain reaction, with all the combat loaded M1's and Bradleys. To date the worst loss of US equipment due to an accident. I was about 20 miles from there and the ground started shaking. Can't recall how many were killed, but the hospital was flattened, and they evaced all the wounded the building I was working in Kuwait City. Hummers really don't stand up well to the heat do they......

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: burnt hummer in kuwait

We rushed in fire suppression systems a few years ago when we found many of our Soldiers getting severly burned in Combat by a vehicle fire. Much like the M1 tank system and very effective. Too bad they did not have the common sense to shut it down and use a fire extinguisher.

TACTICAL6

RE: burnt hummer in kuwait

I think what they found was the crew of the Hemit was scared and abandoned the vehicle. One of the lessons learned on that one was not to keep the vehicles combat loaded while in the motor pool. They were all parked only feet from each other and combat loaded. Once one went, they just went like dominoes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks