• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First GL pickup tomorrow

Shizzlemah

Heading out on a 100 mile trip tomorrow to recover a trailer. No SF97 - I can deal without it in this state- and no EUC required. Will be my first time with GL. Have done a few DRMOs in the past.

Kind of excited, kind of worried. I know that it has been vandialized a bit since listing (wish I had known before bidding) but we will see what the future holds. Worst case, I can drag the thing off base and abandon it on the city streets :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you bring some aspirin and some personal lubricant on the trip. You'll need it when you arrive to the GL site.

sgtrisk

No EUC?? What kind of trailer are you picking up that you managed that? I'm still waiting for mine to clear. (sigh) Won the bid on 9 Oct, EUC went through GL first try. Now it's sitting in Battle Creek.

Shizzlemah

trailer sold as scrap - literally scrap metal, not as a 'residue, trailer' so No EUC or 97. It has recently been vandalized (?!) so I'm not wasting time getting it out of there.

Of course when I last did this 10 years ago, I bought two trailers and never asked for SF97s. Then a year later, I was at another DRMO getting a 5Ton and asked one of the folks at the office if I could get SF97s for the trailers, VIN XXX and VIN YYY. She tells me to check with her before I leave.... so I get the 5T fired up and stop back in the office, and there are three SF97s, for the 5T and two trailers she never even saw !

Shizzlemah

Managed to complete the pickup today without much hassle. Took nearly an hour to get on base, then just a few minutes to load up and haul out. No issues, and the GL staffer was really helpful too.

I'll try and get the trailer registered tomorrow - with no SF97. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks