• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake cables and shocks

Sam27

Anyone replaced the parking brake cables on an M1008? All mine are basically shot, but I'm having a hard time finding replacements - looking for a lead. The dealer can't tell me what I need unless I tear them off and bring them in for measuring or something. :roll: I can do it, but what a pain. Inline tube can make a set, but I need to mail them to them to copy them (they can even make stainless. Cool, but overkill for this rough truck.)

Also, any advice on replacement shocks? Mine are shot. I don't want anything fancy, should I just get the ones for a civilian K30?

TIA

mangus580

Sam, both the brake cables and the shocks should be the same as the civilian K30. Go to your favorite auto parts for them.

Sam27

What kind of parts store are you talking about? Autozone and places like that say it s a dealer item - brake cable I mean. I'm sure they have shocks.

captw

as the other lads have suggested, the brake setup is the same as a K30..as for the shocks, use a good heavy duty gas shock, they're reasonably priced and you'll be amazed at how different the truck handles

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks