• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL lots being pulled

54reo

I have heard of GL pulling lots previously but I have had 6 lots that I was currently bidding on pulled, four of which I was currently winning with a few hours to go.

Has anyone else experienced this on the current auctions?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could have sworn that I was going to watch a Deuce that was in Sparta and yesterday I look and it's gone. I thought maybe it was just my mistake but I'm sure there was one there.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would they hold stuff until spring? They auction trucks all winter long, don't they?

MikeInMccoy

The items from Sparta were temporarily off as my lot number series was changed and I had to adjust the lots, I'll still have the items that were there, just that they will be 74XX instead of 57XX. My bad. And it would be a whole lot warmer if there were no sales until spring, but unfortunately for me, I foresee 20 below zero load outs in my future again this year.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike, thanks for the info, at least I know I'm not seeing things. So do you foresee a lot more trucks coming through your base or is it starting to dry up?

Scott

54reo

Good to see you still around here Mike.

Of all the GL lots I've been to, you were still the most helpful!

54reo

Seems to have happened again tonight.

I was bidding only to find the lot has been pulled for some reason.

(an old thread, but a current issue)

Anyone else experience this tonight?

DieselBob

The lots I was bidding on at Ft. Meade all disappeared over night. It just figures, the one time they had items I was interested in and only 20 minutes away. :cry:

Maybe they saved me from myself.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called my local GL guy and he did not know why they were pulled, yet.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I too was back in an addictive mood and got in early to bid on 5 tons. Here is the message (below in red) I got when I went to bid. I guess the 5 tons were pulled to fight a war in N Korea!!! Called GL and got a recording. We have survived this same thing occurring several times in the past with the end result was prices going up with everyone thinking that this may be the last trucks on GL. I swear that the prices drop to a point, they stop auctions for a week or two and back up go the prices. That is my 2 cents...

Sorry, No Lot Found, or Lot pulled by Sales Admin team.

Wrench Wench

Are the auctionIDs (in the individual item URLs) changing and they're just being moved around between lot No.s and Event IDs or it everything changing but the pics and description?

aboonski

All sorts of good things here in Florida disappeared since yesterday; mostly M1009s and trailers. All that seems to be left in this state are clothing lots that they will never sell with a starting bid of $150.00. People up in Jacksonville must be sick of looking at the same scenery in their warehouses! Something is happening and it would be great to know the story. I know GAA people can sometimes go in and grab stuff before it gets to GL. Possibly the military is reconsidering the use of some of these things due to tight funds.....

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yep they are back, all of them. Got thru to GL and they had a system failure causing lots to drop out of the system. Remember the last time when the system locked up, with an hour to go and who ever was the high bidder thought they had hit the jackpot just stole a truck??? Now that was a mad bunch!! (I just won a wrecker for 2800!!!!)))

Pawnshop

Are the auctionIDs (in the individual item URLs) changing and they're just being moved around between lot No.s and Event IDs or it everything changing but the pics and description?

The one I am watching appears to be open on my watch list, the photo link works, and it has bids on it (and has received bids recently) but the link to the actual auction page gives:

Sorry, No Lot Found, or Lot pulled by Sales Admin team.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks