• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vehicle question

M35guy

I got to thinking, and I have to ask, can a radio and speakers be installed in a CUCV? I love having something with music in my trucks, so I have to ask this.

If it is possible, how hard to do is this?

Thanks for all help and advice in advance.

M35guy

Cool, thats good to know. does that involve simply plugging it into an existing harness, or installing the wiring harness, and wires for speakers, power and all that stuff too?

mangus580

you will have to make your own wiring and such. You will be able to find spots to plug into the fusebox for power, but the speakers you will have to run. Also dont forget your antenna!!

M35guy

Well, I dont particularly like that idea, but thanks for the info. I reckon I'm going ot have an electronics professional put it together for me so I can get things hooked up proper.

mangus580

Its not that difficult.... and personally, I had a 'professional' do a radio for me once.... i could have done 10 times better a job. never again will I have someone do it.... they are way too easy.

M35guy

I'm just electronically challenged, so I'm actually willing to pay someone to do it for me. I might give it a shot though considering you tell me its not too hard. all I need is a set of diagrams to help me figure out what wires go where.

Dieselsmoke

M35guy said:
Well, I dont particularly like that idea, but thanks for the info. I reckon I'm going ot have an electronics professional put it together for me so I can get things hooked up proper.
I used to be a big competitor in the competition stereo world, so I spent a lot of time at the auto stereo shops. Like Mangus said, the work I did myself I was much happier with and did a far better job than these shops did. Remember, most of the employees at car audio shops are punks just out of high school that think they know it all and really don't give a damn.
If you get it professionally done, I'd go somewhere like Best Buy where they have a good warranty on their installation.

M35guy

You guys are awesome with advice. I'm gonna get the diagrams and try it myself and see how it comes out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks