• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce 4X4 with 5 ton axles project.

Jones

Onward and upward for my deuce 4X4 toy. Had a few surprises like needing space to clear m900 series air brake lines and of course, new u-bolts because of the added spacer height.
Here's a look at the rear axle installation. Next comes the front axle change over which should be simpler. No rear axle(s) bogie suspension and being smart enough to have made a front set of spacers adnan additional set of u-bolts.
More later.

Attachments

Jones

Thanks for the kind words. I like trying to make everything look "factory". Also, I stay away from anything but off-the-shelf for replaceables like bearings and mounts and etc. Last trick is to build with a mechanic-friendly approach. Making sure of clearances and doing modular pull-and-service-on-the-bench assemblies means no need to take half the truck apart to do a simple service job. After all, I'll be the one wrenching on this puppy.

hot rod deuce

yeah aint that the truth 100:1 turn out ratio. then i always have a bunch i dont remember taking and the ones i thought for sure i took arent even on there

Jones

Latest shots of deuce project

Got the front end in and mounted up. Ready to set the cab on it's new mounts. Next is CTD/Allison installation and M900 series transfer case locate and hang.
I'm guessing it'll be on the road sometime around Christmas. If I don't get wrapped around the axle with wiring and air brake plumbing.

Attachments

M1075

Re: Latest shots of deuce project

Jones said:
I'm guessing it'll be on the road sometime around Christmas.
Wow, a blast from the past. It is neat to look back at the old threads that started the project. Leonard, you said it would be on the road by Christmas, but you never quoted a year. Is this the year?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks