• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I updated my pix!

Jones

Great looking project there Hot Rod. I'm impressed... and a little jealous of your shop complete with roof. Boy, you rich kids have all the neat toys.

rmgill

hot rod deuce said:
I have posted some updated pix of my cab project:

http://www.hrd6x6.com/cabmod.html
Looks good so far. What's your plan for the floor of the rear? Does it need a tunnel there or access points for getting to the transfer box? Also, how does spreading the front of the aft cab section affect clearance on the doors and the pillars?

hot rod deuce

The doors were affected very little by the change, if you look they are a very sturdy assembly almost like the door of your house in a way. I just welded a brace on for good luck. not sure what a cab weighs but its alot more than you would think.

Rich kids...kinda helps when it goes with the bussines. makes your job your toy and also much more justifyable.

Not sure if i need floor boards until i get the 18 speed figured out. i think around 9 1/2 inches longer or so. either way i think i will cut the height in half and maybe put some tool boxes in the floor or some thing

rmgill

Hey, Hotrod.

What about the panel between the doors at window level? Seems like a tricky place to insert a large solid panel. Perhaps an additional window frame with safety glass?

hot rod deuce

Ahhh a wise man you are, it woulnt be that hard because there will be a window track on wach side but i like the window idea. t just so happens the little oval windows in the over head doors are the right size if you turn them 90 degrees

AC is also o nthe way. The bus i got my motor from had a dual system and would have made an awsome dual zone climate controle but i didnt have room for it all when i got it. that looks like a nice unit, and our older excavators have a neat little stand alone system mounted behind the cab that is aobut 12"x12"x2'

dont forget the dual moor roofs!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks