• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the site slow today

Boatdocter

Is the site slow today or is it on my end? I just updated windows vista yesterday but don't seem to have a problem on other sites. Also i have a good reception on my aircard. thanks greg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My entire machine was slow the first couple of hours after the Vista update - especially internet connections - ran a 'tracert' on CNN and it timed out several times. ebay and steelsoldiers were the same way, then it cleared up. Maybe the software just needed to know where you usually go, maybe the internet routers were getting a different 'signature' from your machine and did not know how to process it.

m35tech

On behalf of IT welcome to the world of windows Vista , enjoy your applications... Sites running fine just windows vista and all of the bugs makes the pc run slow...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How many have over 100 people using the site most of the day?

Most users ever online was 425, 11-10-2008 at 12:52.

Chevytruck

i run vista and never have trouble on this site...

if you want to fix vistas bugs TURN OFF "UAC" (User Account Control)
that is a major pain in the rear...
also it causes most systems to not function correctly
its "supposed" to secure your computer, but causes more trouble than "securing"

other weak spot is the how powerful your system is

mostly vista recommends 2 gigs of ram
and much more

I'm only having trouble with my wireless routers... (i need a new gateway)
otherwise i don't have trouble

just my 2cents

sorry for the change in topic

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks