• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my Mil-Looking CB install

IRWFO

Since only one of my group of local MV friends has a working Mil radio and I don't have the funds at this time to get my own I gave my CB a spray can military look. I took a new CB that I just got off of eBay apart and gave it a professional looking repaint. I then made a metal mount for it at my shop. To the average non-MV person it looks military. Radio Shack had a Mag-Mount antenna that was all black so it works out with the look. Total price just under $100 and everything was new. Now I just have to get the rest of my friends to jump on board the old school technology so we can talk while we convoy.

As a bonus I get to hear the weather while driving now instead of just my tires humming along. Seems that nobody else is using CB anymore because all the other channels are quiet.

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

I like it. You did a nice job. I know what you mean with the nobody talking on the CB. I used to always have a CB in my trucks and have about 4 or 5 of them and a collection of antenna's. But now everybody has cell phones so the CB's collect dust, 10-4.

muddog7375

I like it. You did a nice job. I know what you mean with the nobody talking on the CB. I used to always have a CB in my trucks and have about 4 or 5 of them and a collection of antenna's. But now everybody has cell phones so the CB's collect dust, 10-4.
Cobra makes a Bluetooth enabled CB now...You can actually talk on your phone thru your CB...

http://www.livecbradio.com/cobra-29-ltd-blue-tooth.htm

Also RCI is making a CB that you can use as an MP3 player...

http://www.livecbradio.com/ranger-rci-tlm1.htm

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IRWFO, that's one real nice install. Looks factory! But I'm most jealous of that dash pad! Is that a repo or was that original?

IRWFO

IRWFO, that's one real nice install. Looks factory! But I'm most jealous of that dash pad! Is that a repo or was that original?
Thanks for all the compliments. I forgot to mention the paint was from Aervoe. As you can see it's almost a perfect match to the real CARC on the dash. The color can't get any closer it's just not as flat.

The dash is a real good condition original with just some cracks at a few of the speaker holes. It was sprayed with the dash dye from LMC.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very good, I like it.

mangus580

Thanks for all the compliments. I forgot to mention the paint was from Aervoe. As you can see it's almost a perfect match to the real CARC on the dash. The color can't get any closer it's just not as flat.
It wont be that close of a match when it turns pink on you

rofl

I have noticed that the pink on my hood actually washes off with a little work. Discovered it when I brushed snow off the other day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks