• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mog for sale

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the sign on the building and the snow on the ground, I'll bet the air conditioning business isn't that great either! Cool truck (no pun intended).

MilSim

hmburner, would you happen to know the name of the car dealership you saw this at? and also, you mentioned price, what would a vehicle like that usually sell for in your opinion if $10,500 is to high?

tamangel

Live rates at 2009.02.10 07:47:10 UTC
10,500.00 CAD = 8,583.03 USD

Canada Dollars
1 CAD = 0.817431 USD
United States Dollars
1 USD = 1.22334 CAD

xe.com

Mike

m109guy

We saw that unimog a couple weeks ago when passing through Angus. We slowed down to take a look but once we saw the price we just left without getting out to look at it.

From the outside it looked to be in okay shape but needed work (body & paint).

It will likely sit there a while longer at that price.

MilSim

Thank you tamangel, but I knew the conversion....what I was asking is if in peoples opinion $10,500 is to much, what would a fair price for this vehicle be if it runs well but needs a bit of body work and paint as m109guy says it probably needs?

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO, that truck won't sell for that price due to the economy right now. I watch these on fleabay and other places and prices are down. A couple of years ago it would have been worth that $8500 USD. I know nothing about that truck, but just from looking it's an ex-Swiss 404s (wedge shaped canvas roof), probably mid to late 60's, and has not been boogered up by a new owner who had better "engineering" ideas than MB. So many of these 404's get modified for trail or rock climbing, so an unmodified original is becoming rare. Again, IMHO, if it is direct from the Swiss it is probably in excellent condition mechanically, rust free, and is worth the somewhat higher price than a truck that has been modified, even if it does need paint.

Bob

ccequipment

I have found a unimog, and I am not up on these at all, but I belive it is a MB4/94 U-900. It has the case backhoe on the rear and a front end loader on the front with a stanley jack hammer. It is in original shape, in working/running condition. Needs some new paint and new tires, and a few leaks fixed. What woul a guy expect to pay for a unit like this? What is it worth all fixed up with the messed up economy? I have a rough idea, but i just wanted your 2 cents worth, Thanks

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

Sale of Unimogs is really slow right now but you hinted at wanting a price from more normal times. It's not unusual to hear of these selling in the mid 20's. Really nice fixed up ones could go $30k or higher. On the low side, an MB-4/94 with those implements, but needing work, complete brake renovation, or badly rusty (too common), leaky hydraulics, etc, can still approach $20k.

You might enjoy checking this out: http://unimog.net/exchange/

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks