• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in North Jersey

Jersey 93 Ty

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on the board for a while now gathering information, and starting bidding on some GL auctions a little while back. Of course, I've been outbid on every single one of them, until I won 2 M1009's yesterday. I've prepared my EUC and I'll be emailing it in shortly. Then its just a matter of playing the waiting game.

Short list of who I am: I'm an electrical engineer working in a test lab for a good sized electrical equipment manufacturer here in North Jersey. I actually spend a good chunk of my week testing equipment we sell to the Navy that are included on the US Munitions List, so government paperwork and ITAR restrictions don't scare me all that much. Sitting in my garage is a 1993 GMC Typhoon, which just might be the antithesis of a M1009, considering that its a small GM SUV designed to be extrodinarily quick, stay on-road all the time, and surround its passengers in luxury.

Just as an aside, my younger brother is an Army Captain currently located at Camp McCall while undergoing Special Forces school. Previously, he was with the 10th Mountain in Afghanistan as a 1st Lt. Engineer Platoon Leader. Prior to getting his platoon, as a 2nd Lt. my brother was a Signing Officer up a Ft. Drum and got involved with destroying a bunch of CUCV's on the Fort's firing ranges and Urban Warfare course. Once I get these M1009's titled, registered, and running well, I might offer him one, since I know he's earned it.

I've typed way too much already, so I'll just get back to reading and looking for a place to buy a Medium Towbar.

Cdub

We're having a meeting this Monday night starting at 8:00 - 9:00pm but make sure you get there early for the pizza..........:-D

You would be very welcome as a guest to sit in on a meeting.

C'dub

ONTOS66

I see that Cdub has beat me to it and already given the plug for our North NJ "military motorhead" club.

Welcome to SS and good luck with your M1009s.

ps, all of the manuals for this series are available in pdf format in the reference section. Look for TM 9-2320-289-10, -20, etc.

Jersey 93 Ty

I see that Cdub has beat me to it and already given the plug for our North NJ "military motorhead" club.

Welcome to SS and good luck with your M1009s.

ps, all of the manuals for this series are available in pdf format in the reference section. Look for TM 9-2320-289-10, -20, etc.
Thanks for the welcome. I've already been downloading and skimming all of the relevant TM's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks