• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Letterkenny Question (Again)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Did a search on this but the only info I found went off topic very quickly and never got a response.

1. Would like to know if anyone has some valid info about the reason Letterkenny is no longer selling?

2. Are all items from there going to Ft Drum for auction? The previous thread stated Meade but that is not the case. L-kenny is sitting on nearly 200 generators in the 15 to 30 kw range mostly. They previously had all the ones that are now being sold at Ft Drum. They also have around 100 deuces they either are sitting on or are shipping out to a GL site. I have some indication some of the vehicles might be going to Columbus also.

Wish they would just sell from L-kenny instead since it's only 40 miles or so away from me.

If someone has a real answer, let me know.

Last edited:

davesbf

Did you try to get ahold of contact person for Letterkenny,phone # should be posted on GL.sometimes they can be helpful,unless DOD is fogging the isue for some reason

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to Justin at GL (when he was still there) Letterkenny and he said that most things will still go through Letterkenny, but then shipped to other bases like Drum, Meade, and Aberdeen for final sale. I guess their yard isn't big enough to handle all the past (needing EUC's), current, and future trucks in GL lineup. I think GL would like to sell out of Letterkenny from what I've heard through Mike and Justin. That's all I have heard and that was this past summer. Nothing new recently. Seems pretty rediculous to have trucks get sent to Letterkenny then reshiped to drum, aberdeen, meade, etc.

HeadWizard

About 45 days ago I was told by the site manager at Richmond that they were going to be getting a good supply of trucks out of Letterkenny and 30 days ago I was there when a pile of trucks arrived from Letterkenny.

Why..... only DRMO and "Management" know for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks