• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Tampa Florida Area

Ateamcycles

I hope to learn some stuff about the M35a2.
I own a motorcycle Shop in Zephyrhills, Florida and Last weekend my wife, daughter, and business partner went to a Mud Bog in Lakeland Florida and saw a Bobbed 4x4 M35A2 going through stuff not even the big trucks could go through without the tractor pulling them out. My business parter was in the Army and said a M35A2 goes through a lot of stuff and said they are cheap. Well my wife then said what's cheap? Well I found a couple for $1500-$4000 and I could use it as a business vehicle and a write off for my motorcycle shop. Hopefully i'll learn a lot from this forum.

Kevin

HeadWizard

Welcome new guy! Beware od syndrome!!

Well I found a couple for $1500-$4000 and I could use it as a business vehicle and a write off for my motorcycle shop. Hopefully i'll learn a lot from this forum.
Kevin
Welcome Kevin-

I started out the same way about 2 years ago... "Gee honey, we can use this Deuce for the shop and write it off...."

Well, nine M35A2 Deuces, three M813 5-tons, two M1009 Blazers, three M105 trailers, one 20KW power plant trailer, a 10kw generator and an Air Force diesel air compressor later - I'm probably still not done :mrgreen:

Well, let me re-phrase that. I'm done until I can find more parking.

Just remember to have fun!

Don

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks guys. Hopefully I won't get the deuce bug!!!
Too late! Sounds like you already have it, especially if you are hanging around here. :-D

Anyhow, welcome aboard. There are a lot of people here that have bobbed their M35's. So you will have no problem finding a lot of info about them here.

As far as bikes what kind do you deal with? I like to ride motorcycles myself and have worked as a mechanic for a few motorcycle dealerships over the years.

On another note I'm from the Clearwater/St. Pete area myself. Glad to see another Floridian join the circus here.

Ruppster
1962 Dodge C700
1970 Dodge CT800
1985 M1009 Blazer
www.dodge-semis.com

ucfjeeper

ATEAM;

check out chuckstrucks.net and the forums at iforumer.chuckstrucks.com . You'll find all the big trucks over there running the deuce axles as well as a few deuces. They're based out of orlando and put on all the Trucks Gone Wild events.

Hope they enjoyed Muddy Muddy Christmas - I did.

- almost forget - welcome aboard

sak00

Hey ATeam,
First of all, Welcome aboard. I'm just north of you, close to Ridge Manor. I've got one of these big beasts. They are fun. Mine is not "bobbed" but th rest of it is the same. That's how I started too was "Honey, we can use it to advertise." Who would miss it? Well real estate tanked and now I have a play toy. Welcome

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks