• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizers CHEAP!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite a few folks use 2 12 volt units and swear by that. I see advantages to it also.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your truck sits alot, they are worth it for sure. If the stuff gets driven regularly, not much help. I bought 2 of the 28V ones from Patano many year ago when he was selling them for $25. Never did install them. At that time I still had the M35A2C and tractor and both got driven alot so I sold them on Ebay.

mangus580

How well will the salvage a tired battery? I have one thats about 2 years old, but dead from sitting all the time.... worth the $20 to try and save it? It was a brand new Interstate (have a couple others I could try as well)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're better at preventative maintenance. I wouldn't place too much creedence in the hope that they will recover a battery that's already sulfated.

Longhunter7

Good Charger

The Solargizers are good to keep sulphates down but if you are looking for a really good battery charger, I have good news!

If you have a source for an electric hook up, there is a battery charger that is designed for 24 volt systems and it is small, waterproof, vibration resistant, two totally isolated outputs (one for each battery), reverse polarity protected, and will not consume battery water.

I had mine hooked up on my Deuce all last Winter without any problems!

It is the Chargetek 500. It is available from several battery retailers, and was $100.00 when I bought mine!

www.batterystuff.com is where I got mine!

Longhunter7

Battery Charger?

FSBruva,

It is strickly a battery charger! 5 volts to each battery. It has a three step charging process, that results in a constant float charge with a green light to indicate it is at full charge.

When you first connect it to the two batteries, there is a red light that indicates it's charging. There are seperate leads that go to each battery.

When it is at full charge, the red light turns green indicating a full and float charge is being maintained.

I highly recommend the Chargetek 500 from my personal experience! :arrow:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks