• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from England

maverick

Hi Guys,
I'm a new member on here so I thought I would introduce myself to you all.

My name is Stuart Beeney and I'm a 30 year old truck driver. I live in southern England and have been involved with military collecting and re-enacting most of my life but in 2001 I started collecting military hardware which is when I brought my M54 A2 which was built in 1968. Then in 2004 I brought the M332 ammo trailer and then in 2007 I brought my M1 A1 155mm Howitzer which is 1943 dated and is still LIVE. All of these vehicles needed restoration and were missing lots of parts and equipment.

I'm also a founder member of Rolling Thunder which is a group of friends who want to keep alive the memory of the servicemen who served and fought In Vietnam, We don't want to glorify war just educate people as to what happened. Please feel free to visit our website at www.rolling-thunder.org.uk

Below is some photos of my kit I thought I would share with you all, I hope you enjoy them?

Many thanks
Stuart

Attachments

poppop

Welcome aboard Mate!!! Real nice looking equipment you have there. We had another member from England and if I could remember his name you might know him. He works for JCB and on one of his trips to Savannah Ga. he came out to my farm and we had a very nice visit. He had lots of great stuff also and I think put on a show close to his house every year.

vtdeucedriver

Hey Stuart, great to see you on SS. Been a long time!!!! Hope to see you in the chat room some night. Max still play with you guys???

Jeff

Welcome, Stuart! Very nice looking M54 with that m49 ring mount. I also see you stenciled it as an 8GP 124T vehicle :)
We probably met unknowlingly in Beltring in 2005 if you were there, were a buddy and I were allowed by Roger to participate as guests in the Rolling Thunder show.

Regards,
Mark

maverick

Hi Guys,
Glad you like the kit?:-D

The howitzer is always a firm favourite with people esspecially as there is only 2 of these in the UK and at 26ft long being towed behind the M54 gets alot of interesting looks, Its not a big set up by US standards but is big enough for the little back roads around my way. The next project is to blank firer it at Shows, its still live so the firing pin is complete and uncut. Just got to work on the best way of doing it safely.

Hi Pop Pop, The JCB guy dosent ring any bells but I may know him:roll:

Hi Jeff, How you doing, yes it has been a while, Max is still around although he dosent own Iron Butterfly anymore, I think he has a part share in a Mule as his job takes up all his time now. Hope to chat to you more soon

Hi Mark, I'm sure we have met, but as you know War and Peace is a very busy 10 days, Are you planning on coming to the show in the future? Will you be bring your Deuce if you do come? Great looking truck.:-D You have great taste with 8GP 124T

Mav,

thanks! I definitely plan to visit the Hop Farm with the Deuce, but probably not 2009 as we have a new born toddler with us here now.
Did you guys notice the enemy defection cards (prints from original scans) and death cards lying around your camp back in 2005???

Man, that howitzer is really a bummer!

Mark

maverick

Many congrats with the new born, You will be busy:-D Let me know when you do decide to come over and I'll save you a space.

Now I know who left them, Nobody in the group knew.

vtdeucedriver

Stuart,
Did max get a flying job???? Last I knew Colin owned "Iron", does he still have it??? Heard you were over in the states in 08, you comming back over in 09?

vtdeucedriver

Welcome, Stuart! Very nice looking M54 with that m49 ring mount. I also see you stenciled it as an 8GP 124T vehicle :)
We probably met unknowlingly in Beltring in 2005 if you were there, were a buddy and I were allowed by Roger to participate as guests in the Rolling Thunder show.

Regards,
Mark

There are a few out there:wink:

Attachments

maverick

Hi Jeff,
Yeah Max is flying now, mainly freight I think. I came over for Aberdeen Show, first we went to Fort Eustis and then to the new USMC musuem at Quantico then onto Aberdeen for 3 days, then went to a Gun show in Allentown and then spent two days at TNJ Murrays Yard looking at all the toys I would love to take back home and then the last day was at Washington DC a great trip, Hope tp cpme back in 09??? Fantastic M52 you have there, Looks great, Like I say I know of only 1 in the UK and it dosent look that great, dont know who owns it either.

Hi Scott, Glad you like the Howitzer, for those drivers stuck behind me it always a good deterret for not giving me road rage :-D

Jeff,

I bet you started that 8gp 124t thing! :) At least mine is a copy of yours!
I love that 5ton tractor. It has the "right" look, all the way to the yellow headlights...

@Maverick:
we wanted to resolve that thing with these cards at the end of the show but didn't because we were busy packing. I'm sure some people wondered about that, and we took a lot of care not to get caught :)
Thanks for the invitation, I'll let you know if something can be worked out!

Mark

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks