• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Series 6x6

BigDog

Does any one know if the M821 Bridge 6x6 came with lockers in the rear?? I know the cargo truck did and someone once told me that all the 5 Ton M809 series trucks did but just want to make sure. Thanks!!

BigDog

If the tags are still there, where would they be and what code on them would tell me if it had a locker?? Thanks Again for all the help and info!!

red devils dude

um there are for me a least right on the front of the dif and I was hopeing
they say some thing like rock well axle model bluh bluh bluh locker installed or some thing like that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the scoop on lockers or all I've found. Only the USMC M813s had the Detroits. They have peculiar habits and the USMC knew this so they put a decal or data plate on the dash or inside a door indicating that it had locking differentials. The chance of your bridge truck having them is minute at best. There won't be any tags on the axles themself indicating it has the Detroits. As a test you can jack up one of the rear axles and spin the tire, if the other one spins backwards, its not locking. Get yourself a 12 ton bottle jack for that beast. An 8 ton will lift it but will require much effort.

BigDog

Really appreciate the info. I thought I had read that the 800 series 5 Ton 6x6s came with lockers but was never sure. My 821 is a beast, but I love it!! Thanks again!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks