• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! Broken glow plug tip in 6.2?

echo

Has anyone been successful in fishing out a glowplug tip? What size socket fits the injector? What tool did you use to fish it out with, magnet, hemostats etc... I've had three 6.2 and this is the first tip I've lost, began breaking off during the unscrewing process, I could feel it binding while I was unscrewing it. This really is a bummer cause it was running so good and now I'm DOA. I hope it doesn't take a miracle to get it out of the injector hole. Someone give me good news PLEASE!

Thanks,
James

CCATLETT1984

I have read that you can use compressed air into the glow pulg hole, with and magnet down the injector hole, don't use a lot of pressure ( only about 15 psi or so) just enough to move the tip around if you can't get it with just the magnet

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The socket is 30MM. Snap on has a dedicated one. Check Ebay, they come up on there from time to time. Kent Moore brands show up too. Patience is a virtue when working on these. You can fashion a little hose to go through the injector and attach it to a vac and pick up some stuff. I have an old siphon air gun that I use. It creates a vacuum and although it won't blow the stuff out it can hold on to stuff until you can pick it out. Stringy grease on a BBQ skewer has netted me parts before as well. Be patient and careful.

Wyattearp

If im not mistaken there are some magnets that extend are smaller around than the pinky finger that you might can get down in there or one of the clasping tools that is spindly and looks like a braided wire hose with 3-4 griping fingers on the ends, great for picking up small items but then again im not familiar with the injectors as far as hole size but would think its big enough to get those down in there, the only problem getting light to shine in the hole to where you can see what your doing also.. good luck and have patience with it, u don't want any further damage

deepseeman

Mine just broke today! I have the injector out and I can feel it with my pinky, but it feels snug in there. Im going to go buy a magnet on a stick. Hope that works because I have no other clue what to do.

DrJekl

I had one break when I first brought home the 1009. Panicked, asked for advice from the motor pool guys and they said just put it a new GP and the old tip will eventually come out or ruin your motor. Pulled the injector and used a pair of hemostats to pull out the tip. Had it been in the rear hole on either side it would have been tough.

cliffyp

If it's loose, just out of reach, try a shop vac. I had a friend have something similar happen but with a spark plug. He thought it was going to be a big ordeal but the repair shop sucked it out pretty darn fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks