• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OF-185/PRC Wanted

g740

I am looking for Mount OF-185/PRC . Any help finding one would be great. Iwould also take any of parts that make up the mount.
Larry
52 M38
kb1ics
wpzl211

kenklausner

Larry:

I feel your pain brother, try this www.murphyjunk.bizland.com I went down the same road for a couple of years, getting bits and pieces, now I have quite an assortment of OF 185s and OG 174s. Check with Mike and mention my name. He has lots of parts and some NIB OG-174s with the speaker, amp and mounting hardwore ect. Better know what radio and band you are operating on as it makes a difference with the amp module. Cute little buggers aren't they? Are you also looking for the dimpled battery case with the chargeing contacts? if so good luck! Hope this helps, I did it the hard way!

Ken Klausner

g740

I am just looking for the speakers and the bottom cover for the Amps. I have both the High and the Low band filters for the radios and the Amps. I have a few of the battery boxs with the dimple, so I should be good there. I will take any parts that make up this set-up.

kenklausner

Do you have TO 31R2-4-811-1 which covers this unit? There are three modules in the amp case, power supply, rf amp and rf filter. Sounds like you got your amp cases from Mike! I got a couple from him and now that I managed to get some complete ones I will have the missing bottoms fabed.

Ken

Mina

I have several of-185/prc radios.

Hi there,

I just ran into this thread and happen to have several OF-185/PRC in New condition. Anyone interested should contact me via AVPARTS01@aol.com .

Thanks,
Ken :-D

Last edited:

Mina

Actually it was much lower than that.

$4500 is what Mil End Users are paying for this item.. I actually quoted much much lower since I understand your a collector.

Have a nice day... :grin:

Ken

g740

But you never did say what the bottom line was. I also sent the link to you showing the same part for $195.00 also NOS and never heard back.:roll:

kenklausner

Larry:
I just got back into the game, where did you ever get a quote for $4.5K? Had you contacted Mike Murphy? the OG 174 is the same thing as the OF 185.

Ken klausner