• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio install help

wdwjr

Hey all
Got a real dumb question about mounting a AN/VRQ1 Command set in my 63 Studebaker M-35-A2 Duce, biggest question is has anyone done this and if so how????? I am a ham operator and i thought it would be a cool idea to install this rig in my truck along with the more modern HF and VHF ham rigs. Also need help in installing the military antenna stand offs that go on the cargo body and the antenna shield bracket.
Dont laugh too hard at my request.
david

The next one will be to install another in my wifes M-49-A2C

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know how much is included in your "Command set", but a standard MT1029 radio mount and the MX7777 fit nicely under the companion seat. The VIC-1 system is seen behind the seats.
The antenna mount is just visible in the upper left part of the image.

Attachments

Last edited:

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vrq1

The ANVRQ1 radio set uses 2 RT 66s and 2 PP112 power supplies.This is a big set and takes up a lot of room so I assume you will be mountimg it in the back on the troop seat.I have all the original manuals for the radio,power supplies,and the VRQ set up if you need them.You eill need two antenna set ups for this set as well.

wdwjr

My AN/VRQ 1-2-3 is 99% complete it has both transceivers and power supplies/transmitters i have been collecting all the rest of the bells and whistles that the manual calls for ( its an obsession i have got to have it all ). If this rig won't work in my truck what would be the proper one for the early 60's.

wdwjr

wil the set ups describe how to install the rig in the truck? Got antenns mounts headset H-33's field phone module and remote for field phone minus the 1/2 mile of wire. Thats about where i was planning to put the rig is there a special mount for it. nows the time to get this ready i got my truck in a million parts i am doing a full restore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks