• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP007B 100kw Gen Set

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody pick one of these up yet? Curious as to what the weight is and if it'd get squiggly behind a deuce.

papercu

MEP007B will be from 6600 lbs to 8400 lbs. and according to the book it is 106 inches long, 40 inches wide and 65 inches tall. Trailer extra. Wayne
BTW It's not good on the generator if it is oversize to the load.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What wil you be powering with 100KW?

Do some research on wetstacking... It's not good.
Auxillary power supply for my Dad's ranch up in Idaho.

There seems to be about as much differing of opinion on wet stacking as there is on whether to modify a deuce or not. If I can get a 100kw for less than I could get a 10kw I think I'll chance it.

steelandcanvas

Auxillary power supply for my Dad's ranch up in Idaho.

There seems to be about as much differing of opinion on wet stacking as there is on whether to modify a deuce or not. If I can get a 100kw for less than I could get a 10kw I think I'll chance it.
I agree with Emmado, wetstacking is something to seriously consider. 100KW is alot of power.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the fuel consumption per hour on that beast?????

11 Gallons per hour. Yes it would be expensive but then being able to run the well, lights, and heat could be the difference between dead horses and live horses especially this winter.

I understand the concerns of those that have posted and appreciate SS members looking out for each other but I was really just looking for info on towing one not whether I should buy it or not.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
During Hurricane Ike, my 5 kW military generator was burning $40 a day in gas. Got expensive after a week . . . 100 kW is about 180 hp engine, plan on 55 gal of diesel every 4 hours . . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks