• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG from Ohio

FordFoxGT

OK guys I'm hooked. I saw in another site that I troll, that a guy bought a Deuce and I thought it was cool that you could own them and that they'd be an awesome SHTF vehicle. Then I looked around and they're A LOT cheaper than I thought they'd be. I've always wanted one since I got a ride in the Marine Corps. I LOVE the sound of a diesel truck and even more so the turbo. I've been wanting a diesel truck and was looking to buy one when I buy a new pick up. That has all changed. I want a deuce badly. I think that they are about the coolest truck ever!! The "boss" have given the OK to get one once we're settled down in our new place.

We're moving to the Dayton Ohio area from Cleveland in February and am really glad to see many of yous guys from the SW Ohio area. I'd really love to pick your brains and meet up and drool on your trucks. I'm thinking that I won't actually get my own for about a year due to current lack of storage (Hi! I'm your new neighbor and this is my big loud truck.) and time but I want to get familiar with them as much as possible. I'd love to help out with anything that I can. I'm even down for some wrenchin' and a few cold ones if anyone could use the help. Learn me guys. I'm even gonna try to make it to Haspin this year for the weekend, being only an hour or so away.

A little about me. I was in the USMC from '00 - '05 as a KC-130 hydraulics and airframe mechanic then early '07 I joined the Ohio Air National Guard as C-130 engine mechanic and recently scored a full time spot with the OANG as a F-16 jet engine technician. I had/have the coolest jobs ever! If it has wheels, wings, and/or an engine I'm interested. If it's loud and goes fast even better. I love fox body Mustangs. I also love shooting my currently small but growing, collection of guns. Oh and I tend to talk a lot when I'm excited. :wink: Just tell me to shut up. :razz:

Smitty

196thprober

Smitty,

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! I'm sure you will hear from some folks in your area with some great knowledge and experience. Good luck, enjoy, and thank you for your service.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats and welcome to Steel Soldiers. I would highly recommend that you NOT attend Haspin. A new guy with the infection going to Haspin would be like a pedophile turned loose in the daycare center with all the teachers encouraging him!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the ohio club... Lots of guys in SW ohio, just off the top of my head is JW4x4, SWbradley, Gimpyrobb.... I'm sure I missed someone.

And off topic.. I've got two fox bodied fairmonts, one with 351, one 5.0 FI/AOD...Don't have them on the road, insurance and tags was too much.. one of these days I'll get them back out.

Dennis

oilcan

If you're up for a road trip I have a few projects, too.

You'd be surprised at where a deuce can fit. (off road, and in driveways)

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

I have two trucks and four trailers right now and I'm pretty easy to find in Dayton.

Good thing it's winter, I think I am going to have to have my left shoulder rebuilt. :-(

Monkeyboyarmy

Welcome FordFoxGt! And I must say soo long too as I am in N.E. Ohio (Kingsville). I'm sure you'll find lots of good friends down there.If you get the green jitters before you leave,you can come out and look at my junk pile of about 25 trucks.I'll have to warn you though,I'm sorta a Chevy guy.

FordFoxGT

Hey thanks to all who responded and said "Hi".

Recovry4x4 - Good point! I'll bring some fuel and filters to lure them into my van. :razz:

Stretch - You ever make it up to Fun Ford Weekend at Norwalk? Good times.

Gimpy and oilcan - I'm totally down with some road tripping, once I'm settled in my new place and job in about a month or so. Just shoot me a PM and we can hack out some plans. I want to learn as much about these things as I can before I go and make a less than stellar buy and spend more time on trying to make it road worthy than enjoying it.

swbradley1 - Same as above. I'm thinking that I'll be in the Beavercreek or Fairborn area, so I'll be local.

B3 - I've never really been into tanks and stuff. Not out of dislike for them or anything. I've never really had dealings with them. My ideal choice for zombie time though. :twisted:

Monkeyboy - I'm already working down south and spend my weekends packing when I head to Cleveland. Thanks for the offer, if I'm ever that way I'll give you a shout. I love trucks in general and lean more towards Chevy trucks myself. I'm a Mustang guy. Not so much a Ford fanatic.

Smitty

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FordFoxGT, I see you haven't checked in to SS since February 3rd, but when you do, check your PM folder and send me a reply.

Welcome to the site.

FordFoxGT

oifvet - replied

Yeah, I haven't been around in a while. I've been busy with moving and the new job. I still lust for a Deuce though. :)

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The world is small, and the SS world is even smaller. What do you know! As I was typing the above post, I could have just yelled out the door to you, FordFoxGT! I'm over here in the OPs Building while you're across the street in the Engine Shop.

Heck, we could just meet outside around noon and take one of those deuces sitting out at the north end of the flightline for a lunch run!

Just what I needed. Someone I work with to energize my deuce passions! :jumpin:

My wife will be thrilled!

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers Smitty! I'm just west of Dayton in Eaton Ohio. I've only had my deuce for a few months and have had a ball. I like putting it in parades. I've learned a lot from reading posts on this site and talking with some of the fellow MV owners. I hope to start putting faces to names as the weather gets warmer this year and am also considering Haspin .

Attachments

91W350

Lucky dogs, land right in the middle of a great bunch of guys.... wish I could hang out there for a couple of months. Glen

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks