• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

craigslist M38A1 $3000 SC

papercu

Not mine and know nothing about it. Wayne
1953 M38A1 Military Jeep. Last saw service in Illinois National Guard. Has been being restored since 1998 and is almost complete. Fully restored, jeeps of this vintage sell between $12,000 and $15,000. All major parts to complete restoration are included as are the manuals with step-by-step instructions. Engine had a rebuild at 80,000 miles, just before it was released from active duty. It now has 88,000 miles. This is being sold as is for $3,000 OBO. Jeep is in Beaufort, SC. Call 843-222-3742 with questions or to set up an appointment for Saturday or Sunday during the day or any weeknight.

emr

ouch.....that does seem to be the problem with typing, i understood and would have checked a link also.......would like to see stuff like that even though would never call that far away, .my 2 cents, ...maybe thats what the new rules are about, lets be in a happy place...:-D...Randy

BobM

ouch.....that does seem to be the problem with typing, i understood and would have checked a link also.......would like to see stuff like that even though would never call that far away, .my 2 cents, ...maybe thats what the new rules are about, lets be in a happy place...:-D...Randy
Aw shoot it isn't that far away. I towbarred the 1008 644 miles one way from Ft. Mead. And a M38 is WAY more rare.:-D

emr

Aw shoot it isn't that far away. I towbarred the 1008 644 miles one way from Ft. Mead. And a M38 is WAY more rare.:-D

I am lucky enough to already have an M38, but LOVE to see picks anytime i can, Sounds like You had an Awesome adventure, seems to be part of the hobby, the trip just to go get em is a big part of things guys like us seem to love!!!...

papercu

O.K. Bobbie My post didn't meet your requirements. After all there was only a description, phone number and location. Next time I'll have to think twice about posting any finds. Wayne

BobM

O.K. Bobbie My post didn't meet your requirements. After all there was only a description, phone number and location. Next time I'll have to think twice about posting any finds. Wayne
I still have no idea why you got so insulted when I asked for the link. I did not think that I insulted you in my first post. If I did in some way insult you, I sincerely apologize. I did not know that there were no pics and I am not familiar with Beaufort, NC and was hoping that the actual link would allow me to pinpoint the area without Googling.
Maybe being nasty/sarcastic is your idea of fun. But it isn't mine. I apologize for being silly enough to continue in this thread. Be assured that I will not knowingly reply to any of your future threads. So feel free to post all you want!:roll:

Burned on ebay buying this jeep

The jeep in this Craigslist ad was purchased by a fellow in Georgia and I have bought this jeep from the guy in Georgia on ebay for $4,700 and it turned out to be painted nice and all external items replaced or painted but it turned out to be just made to look restored. All the mechanical parts are worn out and or patched and painted up to look repaired.
I have never seen any thing like it and I am a old guy. It is like a prop made for a movie.
Here is just one claim in his ebay : "The motor has been rebuilt and only has lube in it! It has 0 miles since complete drive train rebuild"
Nothing in the drivetrain has been rebulit and the motor has block damage and may not be worth rebuilding.
And the rest of the description in the ebay auction was also false
I was wondering if you know anything new about this jeep? I am so glad I found your post because now I can contact the guy in S.C. and maybe find out what is going on here. The ebay seller is no longer returning my calls or email.
Someone went to a lot of trouble and expense making this jeep look complete and boy did it look nice.
Sometimes I really get burned on ebay!!!
Thank you,
Steve

Last edited:

airmech3839

There are several members there in S.C. and it is probably one of them. I would check with some of those guys and get them to check it out. If needed I could probably go up and take a look. They just got done moving the local club there from the airport downtown Columbia to out in Beaufort. I bought my deuce from one of the guys up there. most are good guys but I only have meet a couple. just my 2 cents!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks