• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help bringing S250 shelter home from Fort Riley

KsM715

Is it time constraints or no mode of transportation? I know FT Riley says they dont do loadouts on mondays or fridays but if you ask nicely and explain you can only do it on a friday the will let you pick it up on fridays. ( I got mine today). I was able to pull mine home on my little 6x8 trailer. I had to take back roads because I dont have the trailer lights functional right now and the trailer sits high in the front (lifted Jeep, no drop hitch) and it would sway badly if I got over 50 MPH.

I figured it would be best to have some help trying to load it, and better if I could get some help from someone with a trailer. Don't think I could get it into the back of my F150 by myself....

If someone with a trailer wanted to help, I'd make it worth your while. I'm not far from Riley, but either way I will figure something out.

mikes47jeep

well an empty s250 (no radios, ventalation system, other equipment) weights at very least 750 lbs

so you would need a little more than 2 guys to lift one up into a pickup :-D:-D:-D

i got mine home just fine, here are some pics, the old C-10 was very well behaved on that trip

since i had to spend some time on I-80 on that trip I overkilled it with the straps, but I wanted to be able to roll the truck and not have the shelter go anywhere:-D

Mike

Attachments

KsM715

I thought i might have to load mine too, but they had to move one out of the way with the fork lift and they picked mine up and set it on the trailer for me. left me to do the strapping and I think it was something like 20 min from the time I signed in til the time I signed out.

Jeff

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave I will be out there 11:00 Wed picking mine up along with another lot I got. If you have them put it in your truck bed you might want to pull your tailgate till it is in. David.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks