• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 016A Electronic Ignition Installation ?

Boatcarpenter

Does anybody know if the forum has hidden anywhere instructions on how to install the electronic ignition upgrade on the MEP 016a gensets? Or does anyone have a set of instructions they would like to share with me?
Thanks much,
BC:-D

papercu

I don't see a upgrade but there are replacement units. From the engine manual:
Models 4A032-1 and -2 are equipped with a breaker point ignition.
Model 4A032-3, -4 is equipped with breakerless ignition.
The manual has a wiring diagram of the electronic ignition system and a troubleshooting section. Wayne

m139h2otruck

I installed one of the upgrades on our unit, and the only trick was that the coils are not both installed with the printed "up" up. If the unit was made by one outfit, you do, but if by Colt, the left one is up and the right one is down! Only found it by reading the manual and it was only one small note.

70deuce

Need help with install of elec ignition kit

Need help with the install of the eletronic ignition kit on a 4A032 motor on a MEP 016A generator. Anyone have a picture, could take a picture or have a diagram of the of what it looks like under the points cover with the electronic kit installed?? Can't find this level of detail in the manuals. Won the gen on GL and its complete and in great shape except for the inards of the points cavity have been removed. Rset of the ignition system is intact. I guess this is how they "de-milled" it. Didn't need the complete kit but got the whole kit from Saturn Surplus so I should have the parts to get this running. Thanks

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Need help with install of elec ignition kit

Need help with the install of the eletronic ignition kit on a 4A032 motor on a MEP 016A generator. Anyone have a picture, could take a picture or have a diagram of the of what it looks like under the points cover with the electronic kit installed?? Can't find this level of detail in the manuals. Won the gen on GL and its complete and in great shape except for the inards of the points cavity have been removed. Rset of the ignition system is intact. I guess this is how they "de-milled" it. Didn't need the complete kit but got the whole kit from Saturn Surplus so I should have the parts to get this running. Thanks
Old thread, but to answer your question for folks coming along later in life, no, that is not how the set was de-milled. There is nothing in the points cavity, after the solid state ignition system is installed. And yes, the procedure for installing the ignition MWO is in the TM Forum, now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks