• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy in AZ

SHNIPE

Hey just checking in. Looking for an m1009. My wife hates them. Theyre "ugly" so it makes me want one even more. I see a lot of talk about Gov Liquidation. Is this the preferred method? Or do a lot of guys till buy from private owners? Ill be doing a ton of reading so i wont get screwed. But Im always open to suggestions.

Im a jeep guy with two TJ's. One built for crawling and one being fixed up as a Daily. It was in a front end (pass side) collision and picked it up from a buddy for $600 :D Rebuilding the front frame and adding a long arm.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're in luck. The nicest 1009's ever are coming out of Ft. Carson just up the road from you. Just wait a while for some more to come up and have $2k handy.

poppop

Welcome aboard!!!! Take some time and read on the site and you can find out most everthing you want to know. If not just ask and someone will answer. Theres probably more hassle with GL but you probably can get a better deal if you don.t mind working on it. Of course inspect it if at all possible. If you can't then bid assuming it has problems and don't get carried away. I bought a Chevy S-10 from GL and when I got it home the engine was seized. I did not pay a lot for it so even after I rebuilt the engine it was still well worth what I had in it.

19kilo

What part of az you in? Welcome to the site. You can get them either from GL or from private owners. I know of two people who buy from GL and then resell them to private owners after checking them out, and fixing what not with them. I'm just north of Phoenix myself.
Welcome again!

SHNIPE

hey thanks for the welcome guys! Im over in scottsdale. Used to be Fountain hills and prior to that was Wickenburg (Im sure youre one of the few that know where that is)

19Kilo are your friends selling any currently or is that on a once in a while basis?

NDT would those ones in Co. be listed on the GL site when theyre ready to be sold?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup they will. Sweeties. They make my ex-Louisiana National Guard 1009 look like a hooptee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks