• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel consumption per hour

GoHot229

For the purpose of estimating fuel costs while on standby, that is idleing onsite somewhere in rescue mode what is the estimated fuel consumption per hour with a Duce powered by the turbo multifuel using pump diesel ? I am often times unable to avoid reciving monies for rescue work, and I gladly voulenteer my services to the local Police, Fire Dept. and Rescue when the need exists. So instead of going round and round with the person wanting to pay me, me declining, what is a fair amount of fuel to pay for ?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The multifuel engine uses less than 1/3 gallon per hour at idle (2 lb/hr).

Edit: Checked the TM.....
what?? !!! geez I could have found a 250A alternator and used an inverter.. But Noooo I had to go mount a noisy diesel generator that consumes 0.52 gal.hr idling.

The generator uses 1.75gal/hr at 4500W output.

I wonder how much fuel the deuce with a belt driven generator (assume 80% efficiency) would use. I suppose the engine RPM would need to be about 1000 to do it right. But what's the difference btween that an 800 for fuel consumption?

Bjorn you seem to have a handle on figuing this stuff out.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patrick, when I use the crane, the rpm is around 1,200 to 1,500 and the consumption about 1 gallon/hr. The TM shows 2lb/hr (0.27 gal), which must be for the engine without any load whatsoever. That's why it never get warmed up in the Winter. :)

Anywho, to get to the point, no diesel including the MF, likes to run cold, so your genset is a good solution. Even small diesel generators should run at near full power to stay happy.
A dedicated engine/hydraulic pump would be good for my K-boom...about 20 Hp...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks