• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Axle Questions

M1075

Can the front axle from M939 series be used on a M52A2? I know the brake systems are different, but what about the gears? Are they the same? Do any of the front axles in M939 have lockers?

Anybody have leads on lockout hubs or lockers for M939 front axle?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can use the axle assy. gears are the same. No front lockers in the trucks but the USMC version of the 900s also has detriots. Speaking of which, last night at Port Everglades (where I work now) there was about 20 or so M923 cargos getting loaded on a ship. All USMC, all had lockers. A few winch trucks too. Most were tan but there were a few green ones and on camo one. The green ones had pioneer tools in the racks. Most looked like depot overhauls. Incidentally, every one of them was sitting there idling.....for hours!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks