• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here from NorCal.

Jones

Welcome to the site from a fellow west-coaster. You'll find it's a great place for info on a wide range of MV topics.
Lots of good guys with a variety of talents and insight to share.

Rick530

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Looking to purchase my first mil vehicle. Preferably a deuce and a half. I had teh oppertunity to pick up a ferret for 10k but didnt and now I'm kicking myself. I'm in the water buisness. City municipalities mostly. Also part own a gunshop.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! There are more and more west coasters all the time! Gun shop...HMMMM! ;-)

Militoy

Howdy, Rick - living just north of Sacramento, you're fairly well-placed to take advantage of several DMRO auction sites in California and Nevada - as well as NorCal, SoCal, and Central Cal private sales. My son and I have made the run up to your area several times over the past few years to pick up vehicles - once for a 66 CJ6 Tuxedo Park, and once for a pair of Jeep pickup cabs. If you're actively looking - we can keep an eye open down here in the High Desert for you (right near Edwards AFB). We incidentally got a line this week on a local military truck - either a Deuce, or some larger-size WWII truck (the guy who turned us onto it doesn't know a flathead from his sister's elbow - he called it a later-model deuce, but says it has "stars with circles" on the doors and hood). In any case, we're not in the market - but we just have to look over any military truck that's for sale for around $1000!

Rick530

Howdy, Rick - living just north of Sacramento, you're fairly well-placed to take advantage of several DMRO auction sites in California and Nevada - as well as NorCal, SoCal, and Central Cal private sales. My son and I have made the run up to your area several times over the past few years to pick up vehicles - once for a 66 CJ6 Tuxedo Park, and once for a pair of Jeep pickup cabs. If you're actively looking - we can keep an eye open down here in the High Desert for you (right near Edwards AFB). We incidentally got a line this week on a local military truck - either a Deuce, or some larger-size WWII truck (the guy who turned us onto it doesn't know a flathead from his sister's elbow - he called it a later-model deuce, but says it has "stars with circles" on the doors and hood). In any case, we're not in the market - but we just have to look over any military truck that's for sale for around $1000!
ANy details on these auctions you speak of? I came across this deuce yesterday. M25A2 TRUCK IS A DEPOT OVERHAUL VEHICLE, 2/91, ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, DIFFERENTIALS. BODY, INCL GLASS, ALL ELECTRICAL, NO RUST ANYWHERE, LOW MILES, EXCELLENT TIRES, ALL LATEST MWO'S INCLUDING LATE STYLE HYDRAVAC UNIT AND MASTER CYLINDER, RIFLE RACKS. engine is Continental Turbo Diesel, with only 752 hours

22211 MILES, 786 HOURS. INCLUDES TROOP SEATS, PERSONNEL HEATER KIT, BRAND NEW STEERING BOX AND COLUMN ASSY, THIS TRUCK IS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN, AND IS TOTALLY RUST FREE. COMES WITH ALL OPERATORS TOOLS,OPERATORS MANUAL, JACK, JACK HANDLE, OPERATORS TOOL KIT, WARNING TRIANGLE. 5k for it. Good deal or no????

Attachments

Militoy

ANy details on these auctions you speak of? I came across this deuce yesterday. M25A2 TRUCK IS A DEPOT OVERHAUL VEHICLE, 2/91, ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, DIFFERENTIALS. BODY, INCL GLASS, ALL ELECTRICAL, NO RUST ANYWHERE, LOW MILES, EXCELLENT TIRES, ALL LATEST MWO'S INCLUDING LATE STYLE HYDRAVAC UNIT AND MASTER CYLINDER, RIFLE RACKS. engine is Continental Turbo Diesel, with only 752 hours

22211 MILES, 786 HOURS. INCLUDES TROOP SEATS, PERSONNEL HEATER KIT, BRAND NEW STEERING BOX AND COLUMN ASSY, THIS TRUCK IS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN, AND IS TOTALLY RUST FREE. COMES WITH ALL OPERATORS TOOLS,OPERATORS MANUAL, JACK, JACK HANDLE, OPERATORS TOOL KIT, WARNING TRIANGLE. 5k for it. Good deal or no????
I'm thinking the top one you describe is an M35A2 - not an M25A2? $5K sounds kind of high for a Deuce to me - but it can certainly cost a bunch of $ to bring a truck up from "almost roadworthy" to registerable, running condition.

I'm not trying to skirt around your "good deal" question - but the value of any vehicle depends on just what the buyer is looking for, and is willing to pay, for just the right truck. Some buyers want to just get in and drive. Some others (like myself) believe that a big part of the enjoyment is in bringing back an abandoned military vehicle from the dead - and having the intimate knowledge of what's been done to each system that he's worked on. I don't even bother looking at trucks that are advertised as "completely restored". To me, the seller has already used up all the fun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks