• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New in AZ

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys,

I've known about the site for a few years, but didn't have any reason to create an account until recently. I think I want a deuce. Looks like the stuff is more expensive out here than on the east coast, but I'll make do.

So far this has been a fantastic site for information. I'm taking in everything and reading as much as I can.

Everyone seems friendly and helpful and I'm glad to be here.

Boatcarpenter

Good morning Castle Bravo and Welcome:-D
I'm up getting ready to roll the Deuce to the first event of the year down in Lowell, Mass., little flea market for parts and pieces.
BC

groundog

check out Army trucks.org and join our club---meets first thursday of the month---American Legion just north of Van Buren and 7th Ave also some our our mrmbers will be in the St Patricks Day parade in Phx. Groundog

Militoy

Welcome to you, Castle Bravo. Did you make the Papago MV show in Phoenix at the end of January? The local club in your area, the AMVCC, seemed to me to be fairly active - and the guys I met there were both friendly and helpful. Maybe someone in that group can help steer you towards a decent local deal on a Deuce. Tempe is also pretty well placed for you to be able to get out to the California, Nevada and New Mexico DMRO locations - as well as those in AZ. Hope to see a pic of your Deuce in your avatar soon!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to you, Castle Bravo. Did you make the Papago MV show in Phoenix at the end of January? The local club in your area, the AMVCC, seemed to me to be fairly active - and the guys I met there were both friendly and helpful. Maybe someone in that group can help steer you towards a decent local deal on a Deuce. Tempe is also pretty well placed for you to be able to get out to the California, Nevada and New Mexico DMRO locations - as well as those in AZ.
I did make it out, as well as the year before. I was with my friend John selling all his crap out of the M813 parked in back.

Hope to see a pic of your Deuce in your avatar soon!
Me too!

shootiniron

Hey I remember you and John and that 5 ton.I was right next to you two,had the commo shelter that sold Sat.You guys helped me turn my trailer around so I could get at it when it was time to go.
Glad to see you here and hope you score a good truck!

Attachments

AZDeuce

Castle Bravo

Welcome to the best Deuce site on the net (other MVs too), but you already knew that. I'm out in Buckeye, Az, been playing with MVs for over 30+ years - know enough just to be dangerous! :)

Right now Ca, N.M., and CO are you closest places on GL to find a Deuce. My friend in Goodyear just bought a nice M109 in CO, and drove it home with NO problems, but like you he researched SS, and had lot's of supplies for the trip - that fortunately he never needed.

Welcome aboard, and good luck on the Deuce!

Militoy

I did make it out, as well as the year before. I was with my friend John selling all his crap out of the M813 parked in back.
What kind of "crap" were you and John selling? This year I bought some radio mounts and antenna brackets, Jeep parts, jerry can gaskets (verboten in California), winch parts, a HMMWV/Goat jack, and a bunch of various odds and ends at both the swap meet and at the auction.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of "crap" were you and John selling? This year I bought some radio mounts and antenna brackets, Jeep parts, jerry can gaskets (verboten in California), winch parts, a HMMWV/Goat jack, and a bunch of various odds and ends at both the swap meet and at the auction.
He mostly had gear - BDUs, boots, etc. But also some jerry cans, radio parts, some jeep seats (I think) Part of an F4 Phantom canopy & a chair out of a B36.

Crap is subjective, of course. :wink:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were right across from you guys. We had the 109 and tractor trailer that we were selling out of.

If you were at Papago, you must know about the AMVCC. We put the show on every year.

I may have a deuce for you. PM if interested.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were right across from you guys. We had the 109 and tractor trailer that we were selling out of.

If you were at Papago, you must know about the AMVCC. We put the show on every year.

I may have a deuce for you. PM if interested.
Yeah, I remember you guys. Yeah, I know about the AMVCC. PM Sent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks