• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for help with id. Of gpw body with mb. Frame

BATTLEBORN

LOOKING FOR HELP!! ID WILLYS FRAME WITH GPW BODY.

I recentally bought a (was told) 45 MB. I checked frame # tag on left frame horn stamped MB.210_ _ _ It does have the tube up front but alot of f script parts. headlight hinges Ford, Toe Kicks Ford ,Tool box lids and recessed button all Ford style. Leaf spring straps also Ford style. Unfortunatly back is cut for a tailgate, data tags on glove box all missing. I haven't checked motor #'s yet and was missing cross over tube from air cleaner and carb. It appears to be the original motor (runs great!!) No vent on oil filler tube. Was wondering if this is possible a Willys frame delivered to Ford? Anyway to pin point an exact year? According to serial numbers on frame it would be a around Feb. 43 MB. It doesn't look like the tub has ever been off this. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to restore this and sell. Thanks for any help with this!

phantomjeep

glad to see I'm not the only one with a motor pool rebuild. do you have a tag in the middle of the dash ??? like mine has. (see thread "lot of jeep question")I posted pic's of mine weth ford and mb mix. mb frame and mb engine blck with ford head etc. post some pic's .
great to see another jeep/gpw saved .
phantomjeep

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks