• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stranger in the yard

Jones

We just got a vehicle in for maintenance that I'm not familiar with. Anybody ever seen a mil. spec. GM 1 ton duelly? Full camo and mil spec everything. Sorry, I know it's not a CUCV but this is the closest column I could figure to post this question in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be! There's the M1028A2 and M1028A3 are dually CUCVs. There is/was a kit to convert the single wheel trucks that had the front rotors, fenders and a new Dana 70 rear axle!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recovry4x4 said:
Might be! There's the M1028A2 and M1028A3 are dually CUCVs. There is/was a kit to convert the single wheel trucks that had the front rotors, fenders and a new Dana 70 rear axle!
You mean a kit for military personnel to convert single rear wheel trucks to duallys?

Did the kit include the templte to modify the bed?

I saw a Chevy CUCV crew cab dually at the Kennesaw rally in Sep. Don't know if it was real, but if it wasn't, the guy went through a lot of effort to make it look right.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kit included all parts and instructions necessary to do the conversion including the new data plate. I've seen one NOS kit advertised before. The difference between the -A2 and the -A3 is the base truck converted. One had the 208 transfer case and the other had the 205. Sorry, can't remember which was which. Dually CUCVs usually bring much cash!

Crazyguyla

I drove a dually CUCV at fort campbell. it had a custom flat bed with a I beam with 5 Ton chain hiost fro loading and unloading the two 5Kw Gen Sets attached to the flat bed. It was fun to take in the mud :D:D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd loooove to have a CUCV dually.

Better yet, since I am a Mopar guy, a crew cab M880 dually!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks