• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted Tow bar

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would highly recommend not flat towing a m151, they don't like that one bit and will make the trip either end early or make it hell. A tow dolly works great with them
Jason

papercu

It can be done but you will need to use a bungee cord on the steering wheel to retun the wheel to center. Keep it around 50mph, be sure all gearboxes are full and check the wheel bearing. You can check the M151 MUTT Forum for more info. Good luck, Wayne

nattieleather

You can flat tow a M151 with no problems just follow what papercu said. I made my tow bar. To lengths of box tubing welded into an A. A flat bar across the bottom to from a triangle then well two shackles in the middle the right distance for the shackles on the front bumper. Recomend tack welding them on while attached to the hold downs to get correct spacing etc. Works great. Length of the A arms should be about 3 ft give or take. Put correct hitch end on top of A and your good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks