• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What collection pump should I get for WMO?

TexAndy

Hi all,

First time post. The website looks great.

Anyways, I'm planning on getting an m35a2 within the next week or so from govliquidation so I've been scouting around for WMO.

Friend of mine at a propane dealership has a 125Gallon tank full that he said I can have. :grin: So what pump do I need to collect it? I'm guessing some sort of diaphragm pump, but I don't want to break the bank doing this.

I don't need high flow... 10 gpm would be plenty. But I would like to get something that's reliable.

Also, what other pieces of equipment should I look at getting?

Thanks,

-Andy

seabeeElf

I got a fuel filter/dispenser with 24V pump, hoses, reels etc from GL. I took the pump and motor off the rack and mounted it to a Water Buffalo trailer. I collect the WMO with a 50' x 1 1/2" hose, then switch hoses around and route the oil through a filter housing (5 Microns) when I dispense it into my Deuces.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's too cool

Good Idea! I collect WVO, I bet if I put a strainer in the suction line to keep the fries out, it would work for me too. Don't have a buffalo, but I could put a tank on an M105 or M101 frame...

Michael

Wouldn't you need a hazmat endorsement on your drivers license to pull that with any kind of oil or fuel in it? Or is this another one of those things that is illegal but never enforced?

seabeeElf

The water buffalo has 3 stainless steel layers with insulation between. I feel very safe with WMO as it does not have such a low flash point. I am certain there are HazMat issues but the cops think my trucks are cool so they just wave.

I use my deuces for large deliveries. We just sent 2 deuces towing M105s, loaded down with light fixtures and a delivery, 2 hours one way. I'd say that even if I didn't need to burn fuel for a trip like that, free is much better that whatever diesel costs any day of the week.

seabeeElf

Deuce 2 is running 100% WMO today making a delivery 2 hours away. Deuce 1 had about a 1/2 tank of mixed fuels when we topped the tank off with WMO. We have since topped off again and she is probably at around 80% WMO.

randyscycle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks